Options

yes another I passed the 70-271 thread!!!!!

Rob79Rob79 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed!! 833/1000 Watched the CBT Nuggets 271 videos, took the practice tests a few times and scheduled the exam. I've been putting this off for a while now, but feels excellent to get it over with. Going to study over the weekend for the 272, and hopefully take it around the 1st of the month.
Will move on to N+ afterwards, then S+. Don't want to have to renew those every 3 years after the first of the year.

This website is a great resource!! Glad I found it!

Comments

• Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Glad to hear your success. Welcome to TE.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    Michael.J.PalmerMichael.J.Palmer Member Posts: 407 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass, good luck on the 272.
    -Michael Palmer
    WGU Networks BS in IT - Design & Managment (2nd Term)
    Transfer: BAC1,BBC1,CLC1,LAE1,INC1,LAT1,AXV1,TTV1,LUT1,INT1,SSC1,SST1,TNV1,QLT1,ABV1,AHV1,AIV1,BHV1,BIV1
    Required Courses: EWB2, WFV1, BOV1, ORC1, LET1, GAC1, HHT1, TSV1, IWC1, IWT1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CPW3.
    Key: Completed, WIP, Still to come
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Welcome to TE!
    Congrats on the pass and good luck with the upcoming certs you're planning. Be sure to plan a break or 2 in there so you don't burn out.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
    Rob79 wrote: »
    I passed!! 833/1000 Watched the CBT Nuggets 271 videos, took the practice tests a few times and scheduled the exam. I've been putting this off for a while now, but feels excellent to get it over with. Going to study over the weekend for the 272, and hopefully take it around the 1st of the month.
    Will move on to N+ afterwards, then S+. Don't want to have to renew those every 3 years after the first of the year.

This website is a great resource!! Glad I found it!

You might consider enrolling in the CE program anyway, if you are going to stay in the field, permanent but out of date certs down the road may cost you an interview against other applicants that have up to date ones. You don't have to retest, its just a fee and a requirement to have so many CEUs available. Also, renewing the highest level cert, Sec+ in your case, will then renew Net+ and A+ at the same time and bring them all current.

I am also doing Sec+ and Net+ before year end for the same reason, but Ive done a lot of research as to HOW these cert expirations work, and they are sort of screwing the lifetime holders by denoting them as outdated. Valid yes, but outdated.
  • Options
    genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    Congrats and welcome!
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice work on the exam and welcome to the forum!