Options

How long for cert?

Hey guys...I just passed my network + plus on Monday and I was wondering when would I get my certificate. I forgot what my instructor told I guess because I was so excited for passing the exam..:D

I'm sure it varies, but I thought I would ask....

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hey guys...I just passed my network + plus on Monday and I was wondering when would I get my certificate. I forgot what my instructor told I guess because I was so excited for passing the exam..:D

Thanks!

Took 3-4 weeks to get mine.
  • Options
    cbsharpe0824cbsharpe0824 Member Posts: 153
    Took 3-4 weeks to get mine.

Thanks and that sounds about right because I just got an email from my instructor and he said that it will take at least a couple of weeks or so via standard US mail and that he was going to send me a link for something for something else.
  • Options
    ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    I got mine 10 days after I passed the test.
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You have to sign in and confirm your address and such, takes a few days for them to update the site with the fact that you passed the test. Then they say it can take 6 weeks, but it is usually quicker than that.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    ajmatson wrote: »
    I got mine 10 days after I passed the test.

Awesome, thanks aj!
  • Options
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    You have to sign in and confirm your address and such, takes a few days for them to update the site with the fact that you passed the test. Then they say it can take 6 weeks, but it is usually quicker than that.

Ok, gotcha and yeah, I hope it doesn't take that long. I already added "CompTIA Network + certified" logo on my website cause I also have my own IT business.
  • Options
    Ok, gotcha and yeah, I hope it doesn't take that long. I already added "CompTIA Network + certified" logo on my website cause I also have my own IT business.

If anyone questions it you can always email them an online transcript.
  • Options
    ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    Also you can print your PDF version as soon as your online profile is updated with the pass. That is what I did for proof until my actual one came in the mail with my id card.
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • Options
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    If anyone questions it you can always email them an online transcript.

Yep, good idea.
  • Options
    ajmatson wrote: »
    Also you can print your PDF version as soon as your online profile is updated with the pass. That is what I did for proof until my actual one came in the mail with my id card.

Funny thing..got a email from comptia and I updated my information and "poof"....my online cert was there with my name on it, so yes, I could print it off until I get the original in the mail.
  • Options
    leeroymurrayleeroymurray Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□

Thanks!

I sat for my Network+ exam on 08/07/2010. I was able to see the updates on CompTIA site 2 days later. I just got my certificate in the mail on Monday so it took about 2 weeks.
  • Options
    That was on time...thanks leeroy!
  • Options
    I sat for my Network+ exam on 08/07/2010. I was able to see the updates on CompTIA site 2 days later. I just got my certificate in the mail on Monday so it took about 2 weeks.

Today is 2 weeks since I gook Security+. It hit the mail about a week ago and I should be expecting it any day now.
  • Options
    badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    How long does it supposed to take to show up on the CompTIA website?? I passed my Network+ a little over a week ago but still don't see any sign of it under my online CompTIA account..
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I would get in touch with someone at comptia then. In my experience it took no more than 48 hours to show on their website.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    Hypntick wrote: »
    I would get in touch with someone at comptia then. In my experience it took no more than 48 hours to show on their website.

Okay Thanks I did. Turns out I had two accounts with the same email, since I took my A+ at Prometric and my Network+ at Pearson VUE. So they will have to merge my two accounts, which will take 3 days.
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)