Options

CBT Nuggets 70-642 Any Good?

krusty83ukkrusty83uk Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello,

Has anyone used CBT Nuggets for the 70-642 exam?

If so did you find them useful?

I am using the MS study guide and sticky notes from this site for study.

I havent used training videos before but I do like the idea of them and after watching a CBT sample I feel these would help me.

I am open to recommendations if CBT Nuggets are not the best.

Thanks in advance

Russell

Comments

• Options
    Mojo_666Mojo_666 Member Posts: 438
    I have not watched a CBT that did not help me or teach me something I didn't know.
  • Options
    neocybeneocybe Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've used both CBT nuggets and Trainsignal for exam prep. In my opinion CBT Nuggets is far superior. The monthly subscription is a great deal too. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    krusty83ukkrusty83uk Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    neocybe wrote: »
    I've used both CBT nuggets and Trainsignal for exam prep. In my opinion CBT Nuggets is far superior. The monthly subscription is a great deal too. icon_thumright.gif

I was looking at the monthly subscription deal!

I did read that trainsignals dropped the ball regarding server 2008 exams.
  • Options
    stevetsstevets Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    krusty83uk wrote: »
    I was looking at the monthly subscription deal!

I did read that trainsignals dropped the ball regarding server 2008 exams.

I think saying that TrainSignal "dropped the ball" would be a gross overstatement. I have used both CBT and TS' products for the MCITP:EA track and I have found that they both have areas which may need a little polishing.

I don't want to re-hash the TS issues that were mentioned in another thread, especially since they have been corrected. But I would recommend both TS and CBT to anyone who is pursuing either the SA or EA certifications.
  • Options
    alokin123alokin123 Member Posts: 268
    for this exam (and for all the standard 2008 exams) cbt nuggets is better. Trainsignal is ok but doesnt cover all exam objectives.
  • Options
    rob7278rob7278 Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have used TS and CBT for previous exams and have found CBT to be better; that being said I have tried to take an exam using only CBT (70-293) and failed miserably. I also used CBT to study for my 70-648 upgrade exam, however I would never have passed using just CBT- I also read the MS Press book.
    Basically I am saying- the CBT Nuggets courses are a good supplement to the books, as they give you a visual reference to the various objectives you are studying, but I don't think there are too many exams you will ever pass just using CBT or TS.
    Also in my opinion the Microsoft E-learning courses are better training aides than both CBT and TS, for around the same cost (not compared to monthly subscription of CBT; I wish e-learning had monthly subscription)