Wireless LAN can ping Ethernet LAN but my Ethernet LAN cannot ping my wireless LAN

al_lagascaal_lagasca Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hiyyah guys! Need some help plz ! I have a host, PC1 - via wireless LAN, & this PC1 is connected to a Wireless access point. PC1 was able to ping my Ethernet LAN -wired (PC2) . The topology consist of a redundant switch. Also to make sure that the other VLANs connected to this switch will be able to communicate is by putting up an interVLAN router (configured : router-on-stick) . My wireless devices/LAN can ping my Ethernet devices/LAN but my Ethernet devices/LAN(PC2) going to my Wireless devices (PC1), the ping is unreachable. I configured the correct VLANs for each switch as well as their gateways. Router-on-stick subinterfaces are also correctly configured.

I can send the diagram/network topology including the configurations. Thanks! Have a good day to everyone!

icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    If you can ping one way but not the other, it is probably a firewall issue on the PC

By default, Windows blocks ICMP these days and so do a lot of other firewalls

So I'd check that first
  • al_lagascaal_lagasca Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Netwurk wrote: »
    If you can ping one way but not the other, it is probably a firewall issue on the PC

So I'd check that first

okie =] lemme check ... thanks! icon_wink.gif
  • al_lagascaal_lagasca Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Netwurk wrote: »

So I'd check that first

Oh btw, its not the firewall.. I just discovered that the wireless access point is also a wireless router that performs NAT , that's why I was able to ping from Wireless Network going to Ethernet LAN side but not able to ping from Ethernet to Wireless Network.. anyway thanks about the firewall thing hehehhe

icon_cheers.gif