Options

70-680 - September 1st

ttestjrttestjr Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello All,

I am new here and this is my first post. I am scheduled to take the 70-680 exam. Well the 72-680 since I am a student and the student discount you can't beat. $60 dollars for the exam with a second shot voucher. I have used skillsoft through my work to study I have also read the MCTS Self Paced Training Kit written by Ian Mclean and Orin Thomas. I have used windows seven since it was released and also I have attended the Microsoft Event for windows seven, Exchange 2010 and Windows Server 2008 R2. I already posses my windows Vista cert. But since my company is upgrading to windows seven in a few months I figured it would be a good idea to take a shot at the windows seven exam. I feel pretty confident, but was looking for any last minute suggestions before I go take the exam, I am a bit nervous as I always get before a big exam.

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Welcome to TE and good luck on that exam!
    I have the Vista cert too and was planning to take the 7 exam but have chickened out since so many people have had such a hard time with it. I probably could have passed it but having the knowledge is enough for me right now.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    ttestjrttestjr Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    While studying I was kinda put off by how different the skillsoft practice test was compared to the windows vista exam. The windows vista exam seems like a piece of cake compared to the windows seven exam. I completely bombed the practice test the first time and I had to go back and review my notes. I hope I am ready for the actual test but we will see what Wednesday has to bring.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    From what everyone here has said the Vista test was a piece of cake compared to the 7 exam. The 7 exam focuses more on the enterprise environment whereas the Vista was aimed more at the home user.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Jander1023Jander1023 Member Posts: 160
    earweed wrote: »
    From what everyone here has said the Vista test was a piece of cake compared to the 7 exam. The 7 exam focuses more on the enterprise environment whereas the Vista was aimed more at the home user.

Co-signed. I failed the 680 the first time. The questions are much more difficult than the 620(Vista). I read thru the book a second time and then added the SelfTest questions to my study material.

The good thing - once you pass the 680, the 685 is much easier. I passed it more quickly than I did the 680.