Options

VPN 3000 Concentrator USers

BroadcastStormBroadcastStorm Member Posts: 496
Hey guys, has anyone of you had issues with VPN users registering their local computer to the DNS Server as a result to multiple A record.

Example

host1 - 192.168.1.101
host1 - 192.168.1.101
host2 - 192.168.1.101

I am trying to figure out where to begin troubleshooting, any idea will be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    I modified the DHCP configuration, and run two test at my home laptop, looks like it's not doing it anymore, but will continue to observe...
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    So you are running this against a DHCP server? I've been working with some ASAs trying to get DHCP working with some Lucent QIP servers that I've run into a number of issues since Cisco is using the Client ID (DHCP Option 61) as the unique identifier instead of the MAC address.
  • Options
    shednik wrote: »
    So you are running this against a DHCP server? I've been working with some ASAs trying to get DHCP working with some Lucent QIP servers that I've run into a number of issues since Cisco is using the Client ID (DHCP Option 61) as the unique identifier instead of the MAC address.

Yes the VPN client gets their IP address from our DHCP server.

Actually the problem is not yet fixed, this is an existing system that was handed over to me, I will continue to investigate, I might start a new thread since this is not clear.
  • Options
    To the moderators, is it possible to delete this? I started a new thread that is more consice.