Options

Recommended prep exam software for MCSA 2003

GumbyGumby Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am currently studying for 70-270 as part of the MCSA 2003 cert. I have looked at several prep exam software vendors but am unsure as to which ones are actually worth purchasing. I might be able to get my company to front the money for it. Does anyone out there have some favorites that worked well for them? I have looked into Transcender but it's pretty pricey ($499 for entire MCSA 2003 package). Any and all suggestions will be welcomed. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used Transcender for A+ OS and Network+ and I was more than happy with their product. If you can afford it, I would definitely get that. Although, I have not used it for Microsoft exams yet (Am going to) I would still recommend it, because their simulation software looks like the real testing interface and you feel adapted to it when you sit down to test.

Some people have said that Preplogic is really good too, but I don't have any first hand experience of it.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I would also recco Transcender. I've used it for Net+, and 210. While Net+ was easy, I felt I may have failed had I not used Transcender. A lot of their questions are harder than you'd see on the real exam, so passing Trans with a high score is a good indication you're learning more in depth details, while most practice tests only test your book knowledge. Preplogic is ok, that's all I can say. I had them for Unix classes, but I never pursued Unix, so my experience is limited, but they aren't bad.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    JerzJerz Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I use the Transcender exams (have the whole MCSE pack) and the Mearsureup exams that come with the MS Press book, both are good, but you can never be *too* prepared for a test.