Why are there so few people taking 70-686, or no "passed 686 threads"?

flatworldflatworld Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
I passed this back in march, it was challenging, and fun..
Next up: OSCP

Comments

• Mojo_666Mojo_666 Member Posts: 438
    flatworld wrote: »
    I passed this back in march, it was challenging, and fun..

A lot of people to the 680 then MCITP SA/EA Stuff.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Some people are still doing the MCDST route while most of our more advanced people on here took the Beeta when it came out. I'm considering the 686 after I finish my degree and my MCITP:EA but I have a really big "to do" list and not sure what path I might take right now.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Agreed, i think the focal point for most people is getting to that MCSE/MCITP EA mark. Really, that was my main focus but i could have been done much faster if i didnt spend the time on the various betas i did (Server+, 686, 680) and taking 652 when i got a free voucher.
  • MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yeah, there are a bunch of pass/fails posted in the beta results thread:
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/windows-7-exams/48427-71-686-results.html

I guess Windows 7 is still not on many business's radar. Maybe there will be a spike of interest when Windows XP is nearing EOL.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'm not really interested in getting certified in this technology, however I do own the inside and out book and I find it quite interesting and informative.
  • Jander1023Jander1023 Member Posts: 160
    I am waiting for the MS Press book to come out later this year. I already have the 680 and the 685. While I wait, I am working on the 640 and then the 642.