Options

taking it again today....

confuzzconfuzz Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
at 8:30.... gotta leave in about an hour, I think I'm ready....

Comments

• Options
    woodwormwoodworm Member Posts: 153
    Hope it went well ...

Whatever the result you should have a beer, you deserve it ...
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Yeah, have a beer or two, but wait until after you pass. Good Luck, even though you took it an hour ago.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    609.... something doesn't make much sense here.... I go to class, the teacher gives us a review at the beginning and after each lesson in the chapter, there's not too much that I don't know the answer to.... I'm doing better than decent on all the practice exams I've taken, but I can't pass the exam.... compare the bars for the 7 sections on the score report from my 587 and my 609, the highs on one are the lows on the other.... lol, guess I'll be reading the whole book again this weekend....
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think you need another resource of study. Get some Transcender practice exams and possibly look at Exam Cram 2 for another book review.

Hopefully you'll have better luck on your next attempt. Good luck!
  • Options
    cliffjag1987cliffjag1987 Member Posts: 206
    sorry to hear that mate but cheer up i know you will pass this time for sure. Are you using the good books or something. I think for sure something is wrong. Maybe you have to change books or something. Use better practice exams like TRANSCENDER & PREPLOGIC.
  • Options
    lol, money problems.... I'll know whether it's me or the books tuesday night when I find out if anyone else in the class passed the exam or not.... if everyone else is failing, it's the book we're using, if not, I guess I need to study more....
  • Options
    NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What kind of class is this? Is this like a training class or a college class?
  • Options
    Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    I guess I need to study more....

Exactly!

Don't get upset with yourself. If this was easy, everyone would be certified and there would be no need for people like us. The saying that I always live by when preping for a test is, once I think I'm ready, I go back and do it all over again, because I'm not. Some would say this is a bit much, but I would rather spend more time then more money on tests.

Just my 2 cents.

Good luck to you and don't give up! You'll nail it! :)
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Maybe just take a bit longer to study? I know how frustrating it is to fail an exam. You just want to walk right back in and sit for it again. Unfortunately, this feeling often leads to scheduling the exam before you're ready.

Just take a few weeks and study, then go in and pass it.
  • Options
    hmmmm.... lol, don't have much time for studying now since they won't let me read at work.... Just took that practice exam on the site for the exam cram books, didn't do too good.... if they gave partial credit on the real exam, I'd be ok, even though I don't see too many of them when I take it.... ummmm, oh yeah.... alot of the stuff dealing with IP addresses and some of the switches, there's nothing in my notes for the stuff they're asking about, and I don't remember seeing anything in the book about it.... like networks with more than one subnet, and what do you do about those ones where all the answers will do what you need to be done, but the way you do it depends on what you are willing to give up.... I don't remember the exact question or all of the answers, but all of them would have enabled the user to access the files he needed to access, just some answers wouldn't be used when dealing with certain networks.... I don't know, I'll pass it eventually.... not too worried about it, I just don't wanna be studying for one exam while going into the other books....

and to the post about what kind of school it is, I wouldn't say it's exactly a training program and it's not a college class, I don't know, the school's part of the microsoft academy thing and everything, I guess it is a training program....
  • Options
    woodwormwoodworm Member Posts: 153
    I read the Sybex book originally and it was ok, but I would have never passed without this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/078973107X/qid=1106661272/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/202-6237761-8448603

It's just a book of practice questions (not cheats!!) and it had pretty good explanations AND (most importantly!) it's a lot cheaper than Transcender

It comes with all the questions on a software CD so you can install it on your PC ...

Good Luck, you will get it ...
  • Options
    I don't feel so bad now.... everyone in the class but one person failed the exam.... And the teacher heard that everyone in all the classes in all the locations my school is in has pretty much failed the exam.... someone in my class said the guy that watched over him take the test said to use brain **** or whatever it is, is that any good?
  • Options
    thinking about taking it again monday.... taking 70-290 friday, hopefully everything we've learned in that class will cover those question on 270 that didn't show up in the book....
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    someone in my class said the guy that watched over him take the test said to use brain **** or whatever it is, is that any good?

No. You're doing the right thing by studying, even if you fail the exam ten times before you pass.

Braindumps are actual questions from the exam that people have gotten ahold of and posted online, or wherever. They are cheating. People that use braindumps are morons.
  • Options
    Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    I would hold off on 290 if I were you. Pass 270 first, then make sure you know the material for 290.
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!