Options

Practice Exam frenzy!

security techsecurity tech Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just took a number of practice exams. I passed one 750% out of 100 questions (from networkdriven.com). I took the comptia practice exam and failed (21/30) 70%. I took the practice exam on this website and passed one (40 questions) and failed (35 questions) the other. I past mostly all of the proproof practice exams. I am wondering if I should post pone the exam for another 2-3 weeks?!?!? I take the real exam next weekend. I am trying to keep in mind that the practice exams are harded then the actual exam.

Comments

• Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I just took a number of practice exams. I passed one 750% out of 100 questions (from networkdriven.com). I took the comptia practice exam and failed (21/30) 70%. I took the practice exam on this website and passed one (40 questions) and failed (35 questions) the other. I past mostly all of the proproof practice exams. I am wondering if I should post pone the exam for another 2-3 weeks?!?!? I take the real exam next weekend. I am trying to keep in mind that the practice exams are harded then the actual exam.

This is the last time I'm going to say this to you....

TAKE THE EXAM...! (do not make me finish that sentence, either....)

As for your practice exams, are you using certguard.com to make sure you aren't dumping?

Also, if you feel like you're lacking in something, just review what you need to review in Darril's book.

Also, you are due for that 2 day break.....if your test is next weekend, you need to allow the information to settle in your brain. Otherwise you will suffer from anxiety and information overload.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I just took a number of practice exams. I passed one 750% out of 100 questions (from networkdriven.com).

Holly crap. 750%??? How you got 750/100 I don't know, but you better go take the test.

With that being said (sorry, someone had to say it) I'm not as confident as erpadmin is. The test is certainly much easier than the practice questions that you will find. I wouldn't put it off for 2-3 weeks. Go as scheduled and give 'em hell. Use those practice questions to identify weak areas and study them up.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    erpadmin wrote: »

As for your practice exams, are you using certguard.com to make sure you aren't dumping?

Also, if you feel like you're lacking in something, just review what you need to review in Darril's book.

Also, you are due for that 2 day break.....if your test is next weekend, you need to allow the information to settle in your brain. Otherwise you will suffer from anxiety and information overload.

LOL...OK will do!!!!!! I hear you loud and clear!! LOL
  • Options
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Holly crap. 750%??? How you got 750/100 I don't know, but you better go take the test.

With that being said (sorry, someone had to say it) I'm not as confident as erpadmin is. The test is certainly much easier than the practice questions that you will find. I wouldn't put it off for 2-3 weeks. Go as scheduled and give 'em hell. Use those practice questions to identify weak areas and study them up.

No sorry I typed that incorrectly. 75% out of 100%.
  • Options
    erpadmin wrote: »

PS - i did check on certguard.com and is was not a brain ****. I checked before i purchased the questions.
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Devilsbane wrote: »

I did noticed his typo, but read it as intended. I am sure he knows you were joking (actually, probably not, but that's ok too.....). :)

Look the guy (security tech) has done his reading...he's doing his practice tests...all he will do by prolonging the agony is just cause him to lose hair unnecessarily. There is only so much studying you can do before you just say f(orget) it and take the test. This isn't exactly the CCIE...my 870 tells me I OVERPREPARED, which is not bad, but sometimes it can be. He just needs to find that out. There were definitely things I already knew, like backups, ports (all but two), etc....what I didn't know, Darril definitely hooked it up, like the acedemics of cryptography. Once I got that down, everything about the test fell into place. Risks, audits, yadda yadda yadda is all stuff I've been involved in for years. Change Management is something I do almost every day when something needs to change in production. In fact, I subscribe to it so heavily, that I will insist to management that I won't do something until I get it in writing later (unless of course it's the big boss....but there are always exceptions.... :D ).