Options

GNS3 - Background Image

pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
Anyone know if there is an easy way to add-on a Visio type grid background in GNS3? I tried creating a grid and inserting the image, but I can’t seem to find a way to lock it in place (I keep inadvertently moving the image while working on the topology).
CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT

Comments

• Options
    ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    I'm not sure it's possible. GNS3's drawing capabilities are pretty weak, or they were awhile back when I used it. I typically draw up the topology in Visio and then create a .net file to match.
  • Options
    Yeah, I threw in the towel on this one! I setup a key way off the screen so that if I moved the background, I could scroll out of sight and easily line up the lower left corner. Started noticing lots of oddities though – things like serial links disappearing (even though the background image is stepped back as far as possible) and so on so it’s plain white screen for me now!
  • Options
    Playing around with GNS3 again and I just noticed that my background image problem has been corrected. If you create a grid pic (I did faint blue lines in autoCAD) and lower it as far as it’ll go, it’ll now lock and cannot be moved without right clicking and raising it up a level. Minor annoyance, but I’m happy to have grid lines now :)