Options

TSHOOT Submitted 45 min to the 1st round

shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
After last weeks No Contest ruling in the exam. I dominated the exam. After thinking about the best approach, all I can say is get a lab in packet tracer or GNS3. Or use the new Boson Netsim Tshoot exam. From there practice a sound troubleshooting strategy. I will get mine posted in a blog soon.

Check the blog below

http://urbanengineercisco.blogspot.com/2010/09/tshoot-passed.html
Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related

Comments

• Options
    jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393
    congrats!!! I did the same method of troubleshooting and was able to finish in about the same time frame as you. Whats next? I figured BSCI + BCMSN + TSHOOT left a lot of holes in my CCNP foundation so I'm going for QoS and maybe CCNA:Sec.
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    shodown wrote: »
    After last weeks No Contest ruling in the exam. I dominated the exam. After thinking about the best approach, all I can say is get a lab in packet tracer or GNS3. Or use the new Boson Netsim Tshoot exam. From there practice a sound troubleshooting strategy. I will get mine posted in a blog soon.

Check the blog below

Urban Cisco Engineer: TSHOOT Passed

CONGRATS on the pass!!! What's next? Looks like you're on your way to the VP?!?!

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    CONGRATS on the pass!!! What's next? Looks like you're on your way to the VP?!?!

-Peanut

I doubt I will be doing anymore professional level certs. As for VOIP I have already been the lead engineer for a large Voip implementation so I think with a CCNP and the experience I will be fine. I know a lot of jobs maybe CCVP required, but I'm willing to deal with that. I will be either doing my CCIE: Voice or R&S. I haven't' made up my mind yet.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    shodown wrote: »
    I doubt I will be doing anymore professional level certs. As for VOIP I have already been the lead engineer for a large Voip implementation so I think with a CCNP and the experience I will be fine. I know a lot of jobs maybe CCVP required, but I'm willing to deal with that. I will be either doing my CCIE: Voice or R&S. I haven't' made up my mind yet.

First of all, congratulations on the pass and your new CCNP title. As for which CCIE path to take, it's probably a wise move to go for the R&S to make you as marketable as possible, then consider doing the CCVP to beef up your VOIP credentials. . . or, hell, maybe even doing the CCIE Voice afterwards and be one of those smug multiple-CCIE holders. icon_lol.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    wireratwirerat Member Posts: 251
  • Options
    creamy_stewcreamy_stew Member Posts: 406 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great job on the pass!
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT