Options

Passed ccna!

0Day0Day Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone, I just wanted to say thanks for all your help. I never posted anything, but I have logged on a number of times to get inspired, and I wanted to say thanks.
WIP: CISSP/ CCNP

Comments

• Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    nice work!
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    Im in between finishing my MCSA or CCNP ROUTE, what do you guys think?
  • Options
    JSKJSK Member Posts: 166
  • Options
    howiehandleshowiehandles Member Posts: 148
    0Day wrote: »

Depends on what your goals are. It definitely never hurts to have diversity on your resume, as employers seem to want their I.T. people to do everything except vacuum the floors.
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!

icon_thumright.gif

As to the MCSA vs. ROUTE post, you must realize we are going to recommend ROUTE!

:)
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations on the CCNA!! icon_cheers.gif
    0Day wrote: »
    Depends where you are in career and your experience -- and maybe your current job and the opportunity for advancement there.

Usually I'll suggest doing something that will help with your current job -- and then working on something that will help you get your next job.

If you're just starting out in IT or trying to move out of a helpdesk position then you'd want to figure out which certifications -- and the knowledge and skills you gain studying for the exams -- would help you crush your competition for the jobs you'd want that are available around your location. :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    wireratwirerat Member Posts: 251
  • Options
    Thank you all again for your replies. I understand potential employers like diversity, but MS is so dry, and ROUTE seems fun, and like mikej412 said "crush your competition." My current job role is Network Support which really helped me understand the CCNA concepts and we are always in and out of routers all day, so I guess the next logical step should be ROUTE...

Thank you all again, I couldnt have done it without you. I needed to know other people out there are working toward common goals.