Options

Simulation Questions?

Drift KingDrift King Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone,
Regarding the simulation questions for ICND2 are they longer than some simulations in ICND1? Answer from your experience ofcourse and these simulations i should expect them to be focused more on routing protocols right?
If u challenge the best u die like the rest!

Comments

• Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Drift King wrote: »
    Hey everyone,
    Regarding the simulation questions for ICND2 are they longer than some simulations in ICND1? Answer from your experience ofcourse and these simulations i should expect them to be focused more on routing protocols right?

Anyone who would provide that information would be violating the NDA
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    miller811 wrote: »
    Anyone who would provide that information would be violating the NDA

I am not saying discuss the exam or exam questions that they previously encountered i am asking about their length as in average time that people used when they solved the questions, just to have an overview about what's coming.
  • Options
    0Day0Day Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You need to know how to do something like this rather quickly:

TechExams.Net CCNA LAB: Configuring RIP Routing

I think this is what your asking....hope it helps

Good luck
    WIP: CISSP/ CCNP
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Hey everyone,

I'm curious, if you knew the information wouldn't you be not worried about how long it would take someone to do a sim? I can understand that time is a factor and if messups happen. What mostly matters is what you can do and how fast and correctly you can do it. Not really how other people can do it. Compete against yourself to do better. What's coming is the outline of the objectives of the test because those are fair game.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I'm curious, if you knew the information wouldn't you be not worried about how long it would take someone to do a sim? I can understand that time is a factor and if messups happen. What mostly matters is what you can do and how fast and correctly you can do it. Not really how other people can do it. Compete against yourself to do better. What's coming is the outline of the objectives of the test because those are fair game.

+1 agreed.

Do not concern yourself with the extent of the simulations but be aware that there will be simulations potentially on any topic covered in the ICND2 exam topics. You should be prepared for most anything, and be confident in your ability to implement it in a fair amount of time.

Cisco tests are fair, but tough. Know your stuff, you will walk out a champ. Kinda know your stuff, might be a close call.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    I am not saying discuss the exam or exam questions that they previously encountered i am asking about their length as in average time that people used when they solved the questions, just to have an overview about what's coming.

the rule of thumb on the Cisco exams since you cannot mark and go back is never spend more than 10 minutes on any sim. You have no idea what is still ahead of you and you would hate to fail after not answering x number of questions when you ran out time.

Hope that helps
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    Thanks for all your help i got what i wanted =]
    0day for the example
    chmorin and james for the information
    Take care!
  • Options
    0Day0Day Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Welcome, Im glad I could help.
    WIP: CISSP/ CCNP
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I would say if you've spent 10 minutes on a simulation and you're close, keep working - maybe limit time to 15 minutes. But if you've spent 10 minutes and you know they've got you stumped, move on.