Options

Confession

UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,567 Mod
I just want to see if I'm the only who do this, when I told my gf I was watching CBT (told her I was studying) while texting her she found it weird lol...

she still doesn't know that I sometimes watch CBTs while chatting with her when she's out of town...

do u guys do this ? icon_lol.gif
Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

Comments

• Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    UnixGuy wrote: »
    I just want to see if I'm the only who do this, when I told my gf I was watching CBT (told her I was studying) while texting her she found it weird lol...

she still doesn't know that I sometimes watch CBTs while chatting with her when she's out of town...

do u guys do this ? icon_lol.gif

Absolutely. I don't see it as a bad thing. My girlfriend is away at college most of the time and we fully expect each other to be doing stuff to progress in life. So I am frequently studying while chatting with her online.

I don't see it as a problem.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    brianeaglesfanbrianeaglesfan Member Posts: 130
    I routinely do other things when chatting with people (get your frickin' mind out of the gutter). If it's an in person or phone conversation it holds my interest. Typing something and then waiting on their response... not so much. It would be the equivalent of her looking at facebook or her email, but more beneficial to you.
    Complete: MSMIS, MBA, EPIC certified
    In progress: CPHIMS, CAPM
  • Options
    steve13adsteve13ad Member Posts: 398 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My wife thinks that it's weird that I even study for things that I'll probably not get a raise from.

But then again, so still doesn't understand really what I do (we've only been together for 7 years).
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    UnixGuy wrote: »
    while texting
    It's only weird if your sexting.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    mikej412 wrote: »

While I will not dispute the use of weird, I might say that sexting is at least appropriate if you consider an alternate meaning of CBT. I have a few friends who are into some *hem* odd things and once I said I was watching a CBT and they nearly fell on the floor laughing.
  • Options
    AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 509 ■■■■□□□□□□
    steve13ad wrote: »
    My wife thinks that it's weird that I even study for things that I'll probably not get a raise from.

But then again, so still doesn't understand really what I do (we've only been together for 7 years).

What? Only? 7? Only?

GF doesn't really ask or probably care what I'm doing while chatting or texting with her. If I'm not with her then I'll be chatting or texting with her and that means I'm probably at work either working or on break.
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    My wife would complain when she could tell I was playing Wow while talking to her on the phone. She would talk and I would go "uh huh uh huh".
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    I dunno, Jeremy Cioara's voice is kinda sexy.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
This discussion has been closed.