Options

MSDNAA for WGU Students

Quick question. Anybody else had issues downloading the Exchange 2007 image file? Ive tried on several occasions, and it fails every time. Anybody know of an alternate location to download it?

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    A few questions
    1. Why download exchange 2007? It's not needed for any classes.
    2. Is this the first software you've downloaded?
    3. Is you're AV off? as that gave me issues before.
    4. What type of internet do you have? I had no problems dl'ing when I had cable but DSL is the pits for dl'ing a large file.

Edit: Heres the evaluation version. If you get it downloaded use the MSDNAA product key. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=444C259E-605F-4A82-96D5-A2F448C9D4FF&displaylang=en
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    I tried it too and had issues. I ended up downloading the eval version like easrweed posted and used my key.
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    ajmatson wrote: »
    I tried it too and had issues. I ended up downloading the eval version like easrweed posted and used my key.

I had trouble with it as well. Thanks for the idea icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    Why download it? Is it part of a class now?
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    tomahawkeertomahawkeer Member Posts: 179
    No its not part of the class, just something im going to put on one of my virtual machines. No anti-virus installed, and all other pieces of software ive downloaded from there haven't had any issues. Will probably just download the eval and use the key with it.
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    No its not part of the class, just something im going to put on one of my virtual machines. No anti-virus installed, and all other pieces of software ive downloaded from there haven't had any issues. Will probably just download the eval and use the key with it.

I haven't seen Exchange since Exchange 2003, but I don't find it terrible that you want to learn it. I found the "Unleashed" Series very helpful during the time my last job had Exchange. I understand that now it's gone through some serious changes, but I enjoyed setting up active/passive clustering in much as the same way I did for SQL Server (SQL Server 2005/2008 is my side project" and Exchange is worth learning, but it's personally outside of my "scope." We do plan on implementing it, but that's been in the planning stage for 6 years...lmao. We're still on a VAX system with e-mail that's not even using IMAP).

So have fun with it...definitely doesn't hurt.

One thing I'll definitely advise if you are looking to play with the Enterprise versions like I will soon enough, get yourself a Technet Professional subscription. I'm still doing research on it, but I might be able to write it off as either a professional or educational expense for tax purposes.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    At my school, there was windows 98 but it always errored on download. Apparantly the file was deleted on the MSDN side and they just never removed the link.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    Learning exchange is on my "to do" list along with a lot of other things. I can see your point in trying to learn it though. I haven't downloaded it yet but plan to soon as I'm gonna download all I can while I have that account and just store it on a "spare" HD until I get around to using it.