Options

Shodown taking a bite out of the CCIE pie

13»

Comments

• Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Knocked down H323 and SIP today. I will have to revisit these over the next few weeks. I just wanted to get another idea of what they really are. What we use them for and all the things we usually associate them with. I'm going to run some of the commands on a UC520 today.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    Haven't updated in a while. I have been slowly chugging through topics for the written. I have an official scheudle that I use now. I do 2 hours on monday, wed, thursday, and 6 hours on sat/sun. Its a much slower pace, but it gives time for my soon to be wife, video games and other activities that I like to do in my spare time. So my goal is to have the written done by the end of june instead of the rapid pase that I was shooting for to take it in 6 weeks.

So far I have knocked out

NTP
    DHCP
    VLANS
    TFTP
    SCCP
    SIP
    MGCP
    H323

I have most of the topics posted in my blog below. This week I'm in class for nexus switching so I'm not going to be studying. When class is out I'll be working dial-peers digit, manipulation, and gatekeeper. Then I'll be moving on to the actuall call manager which I will prob spend close to a month, then round it out with QOS, Presence, Unity, CME/CUE and UCCX.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    burbankmarcburbankmarc Member Posts: 460
    shodown wrote: »
    I have most of the topics posted in my blog below. This week I'm in class for nexus switching so I'm not going to be studying. When class is out I'll be working dial-peers digit, manipulation, and gatekeeper. Then I'll be moving on to the actuall call manager which I will prob spend close to a month, then round it out with QOS, Presence, Unity, CME/CUE and UCCX.

I wish I worked somewhere that was willing to spend money on cool stuff like that. The network where I work is rather simple, but that affords me time to study, so I guess it's a wash.

I still think a test date by June is a pretty good pace, it might help to avoid burnout.
  • Options
    Did some work on Analog and digital ports this weekend and finished it off with a deep look at dial-peers. Next week I have call manger basics, initial setup, and a overview of dial plans and LDAP to knock out this week. This weekend I will prob fire up a VM and go over starting up services and creating fake BAT templates
    Currently Reading

• Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    shodown wrote: »
    Did some work on Analog and digital ports this weekend and finished it off with a deep look at dial-peers. Next week I have call manger basics, initial setup, and a overview of dial plans and LDAP to knock out this week. This weekend I will prob fire up a VM and go over starting up services and creating fake BAT templates

Good work! Keep up the momentum!!!!!!! (I know I say it a lot but I mean it :))
  • Options
    Job switched gears on me. After having to get the data center cert(even going to class for nexus switches). The focus is now on getting advanced route/switch since I'm the only free CCNP without a slot filled. This makes my mind go crazy, but this is a great job so take the good with the bad. So my voice post will be leveling off and being filled with more route/switch, so I guess thats a good balance for the blog. Thanks for the support.
    Currently Reading

• Options
    PsychoFinPsychoFin Member Posts: 280
    Wow, seems like things keep chaging a lot for you! At least you won't get bored! Keep it up!

Cheers,
    Fin