Options

more on subnetting and sims on exam

jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
I am taking my ccna this coming 9th of september and I wish that the exam will be more on subnetting and sims than memorization (why is this, what is that). Although I throughly reviewed it, I was more focus on sims on switches and routers through my practice lab for packet tracer and GNS3, IOS commands and subnets (which i think is my strong point). But I am afraid of the choose 3, choose all questions. I might miss 1 of the choices. Hope that I can nail my ccna exam.

Comments

• Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    jojopramos wrote: »
    I am taking my ccna this coming 9th of september and I wish that the exam will be more on subnetting and sims than memorization (why is this, what is that). Although I throughly reviewed it, I was more focus on sims on switches and routers through my practice lab for packet tracer and GNS3, IOS commands and subnets (which i think is my strong point). But I am afraid of the choose 3, choose all questions. I might miss 1 of the choices. Hope that I can nail my ccna exam.

You should do fine, if you know how things work, and are configured, you are much better off, than if you just memorized facts without understanding the impact of the protocols etc....

I think you will do fine.
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I can find people who can configure things but don't know what exactly is happenening when they enter a command, and people that can tell me everything there is about the cisco IOS but could never actually make a router pass a packet. You should plan to understand both aspects.

That being said, if you spend your time making configurations work it usually nails in the fundamentals more than you would think. Some things needs to be read to be understood, but alot of it can come from configurations, especially for the CCNA. I think you will do fine.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I will update you on the outcome of my exam. Hope I can nail this in one take...
  • Options
    Whoa, I pass my first Cisco Exam. the score is 847 / 1000. Thanks for the help guys. I am now thinking if I will start my MCITP upgrade or I'll just pursue my CCNP. I would like to study the Switch exam. What is the recommended book for studying Switch exam guys?