Options

Has anybody used Compellent for Storage?

daisyteledaisytele Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I see EMC, netapp and others on this forum, but how about Compellent?

Compellent Fluid Data | Network Storage Solution, Enterprise SAN, Storage Area Network

Comments

• Options
    snorkelsnorkel Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    daisytele wrote: »
    I see EMC, netapp and others on this forum, but how about Compellent?

Compellent Fluid Data | Network Storage Solution, Enterprise SAN, Storage Area Network

We have 8 Compellent systems worldwide performing tier 1 - 3 storage and disaster recovery. We were at one point EMC customers, but jumped ship as the cost just did not seem to match the features to us.

We've been using Compellent for 5 years now, and have not had a single regret. Every year they roll out new features and quite often they are unique in the industry. The price is right and the company size itself is perfect for us. I'm on a first name basis with their CEO. Last week I was at VMWorld and went to party that Compellent & CommVault put on. In a super crowded room Compellent's CEO spotted me and came right over and greeted me by name and asked how our DR solution was going. EMC never gave that. ;)

The level of service matches the personal relationships. I've literally had Compellent completely redesign their architecture best practices to accommodate and support a design that I came up with myself without running it by them first. Any other SAN company would have told me to climb a tree and charged me a boatload to setup the config in their normal fashion.. And they would have been well within their rights to do so, as I was definitely in the wrong. Compellent didn't even flinch. They sent our installer to their HQ, she worked with their engineers for a day, and she came back with a completely new config diagram matching *my* specs. Fully supported by Compellent and now part of their configs that they sell.

Oh and their support, Co-Pilot, are easily the best support I have ever dealt with.. Ever.

Seriously, I can't say enough about Compellent. They are a great company with a great product and great leadership.
  • Options
    daisyteledaisytele Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Snorkel,

We just had a presentation with Compellent.... WOW is a understatement. thanks for the posting too... I'm thinking it will be a great addition.
  • Options
    snorkelsnorkel Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I definitely love ours. Great product from a great company.
  • Options
    tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    Take a look at Nimble... they are going to dominate and no i dont work for them but I do deploy Compellent, EqualLogic and soon Nimble.