Options

Security+ Certified

TedLaserIIITedLaserIII Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
A long time lurker and first time poster registering to post that I just passed the Security+ exam with a score of 890/900. Many thanks out to all those who recommended Darril Gibson's book for this certification. Although I used it as my second source, I feel it was much better in preparing me for the test then the Sybex Certification Kit that is used for the course material at the tech school I'm currently enrolled in.

Now I just need to figure out where to go next. Thanks again all, and get Darril's book if you need this certification!

Comments

• Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    A long time lurker and first time poster registering to post that I just passed the Security+ exam with a score of 890/900. Many thanks out to all those who recommended Darril Gibson's book for this certification. Although I used it as my second source, I feel it was much better in preparing me for the test then the Sybex Certification Kit that is used for the course material at the tech school I'm currently enrolled in.

Now I just need to figure out where to go next. Thanks again all, and get Darril's book if you need this certification!

I think icon_wm.gif should get a cut from Darril for every Security+ pass that Darril's guide was responsible for...lmao.

Congrats on the pass, Ted! icon_thumright.gif 890 is a very nice score!
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats man. Definitely a good score. Erp I couldn't agree more haha.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the great score!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    simtechsimtech Member Posts: 213
    Congrats! Looks like I'll be getting Daryl's book for sec+.
  • Options
    leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    Congrats! I just started studying for this exam about a week ago and think I might take it this Friday... I got Darril's book as well and I'm almost done with it. It's a great book.
    Dustin Leefers
  • Options
    LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesome score! Now I have something to aspire to in the morning when I test...
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
  • Options
    K_RichK_Rich Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the Pass!!
  • Options
    chuckleschuckles Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the awesome score! I've got S+ coming up hopefully in the next month once I get my studying kicked into gear. Also using the Gibson book.
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    i got the book in the mail today, congrats
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark