Options

Ios

bencmcbbencmcb Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am trying to buy IOSs that I could install on my routers (2503, 2521, 2611) and my 3 switches (catalyst 2924m). So I would need a total of 6 IOSs. What would be the most economical way to get this?

Comments

• Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Buy devices which already have IOS running on them.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    bencmcbbencmcb Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am trying to buy 6 IOSs and install them on my equipment. Would anyone be able to advise on pricing, where I can buy them, and which one to buy. I have tried to look online, but the information was not straight-forward, so I'm not sure where and what to buy.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You probably can't. You usually buy a Smartnet contract for your hardware -- but those are all end of service/end of life and not available anymore.

If you had a Smartnet contract on something more current, you may have access to download some of those old IOS images from Cisco (if they are still available).

As Paul said, for home lab use, you want to buy hardware that already has an IOS image you need or want.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393
    So your hardware has no IOS on it? Is this for a production network or for your home lab?
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    bencmcb wrote: »
    3 switches (catalyst 2924m)
    IOS images for access layer switches (and Wireless Access Points) have been available for download with just a free Cisco guest level web site account. Login in first on the Cisco website and then go through the support and downloads links and poke around until you find the LAN Switches (and access switches).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    If you buy equipment from cisco kits you get the hardware with the IOS on it, and a CD with the IOS for you as well. Services like this are the best, IMO.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.