Passed Security+ Today

RadiosparksRadiosparks Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
It wasn't the best score (76icon_cool.gif, I'm just glad I got it out of the way and part of the certified team. Cramming it in a week wasn't very smart of me but I had to get it done before I got deep into the semester.

I used Sybex Deluxe Study Guide coupled with techexams.net notes. In hindsight, I would have bought Darril's book, taken more practice tests, and would have planned things differently. Heck, I've already convinced others that work with me to purchase Darril's book from reviews on here.

Be sure to know: symmetric and asymmetric algorithms

Best of luck to anyone else attempting the exam!

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Welcome to the forums, and congratulations!

I also regularly recommend Darril's book despite having not had the chance to read it. It constantly gets fantastic feedback.

What's up next?
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats! Today seemed to be the day to pass the exam haha.
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    A pass is a pass! Congrats! icon_thumright.gif Unless you work for the DoD or something you'll never have to worry about it again..... :)
  • Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the Pass .

from the review Darill's Book is a fantastic source ( planning to purchase the kindle version for my exam
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats. I'll be taking my exam this morning after only using Darril's book... I'll let you know how it goes...
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
  • PanderPander Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass Radiosparks!
  • cbsharpe0824cbsharpe0824 Member Posts: 153
    Congrats are on order for you Radio! I plan on taking the exam at the end of October.
  • LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    LinuxRacr wrote: »
    Congrats. I'll be taking my exam this morning after only using Darril's book... I'll let you know how it goes...

Scored an 800 today using only using Darril's book as a resource.
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
  • chuckleschuckles Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats to both of you on your passes!
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Dr IT wrote: »
    Congrats on the Pass .

from the review Darill's Book is a fantastic source ( planning to purchase the kindle version for my exam

That was what I used, though I didn't get to buy it for $9.99 like you will... :-p

Definitely worth 3 times that amount and font size on my Kindle 2 was sweet! It was quite easy to blaze through.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the pass!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • K_RichK_Rich Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the PASS!!

750 or 900 the cert says the same. Good job.
  • RadiosparksRadiosparks Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you all and congrats LinuxRacr! As far as what is next, unsure at this point but leaning toward MCSA.