Options

Phone!!!

wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
yes, for those that are confused, so was i...

Just watching the CBT Nuggets video, ICND2: Switch STP: Enhancements to STP, and at 10:39 in jeremy cioara shouts PHONE!!! - Must have forgot to remove it?

Anybody else find this funny or am i sad? :P
~ wedge1988 ~ IdioT Certified~
MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese

Comments

• Options
    xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    Ha..I remember that part. I thought it was pretty odd that it got left in there as well.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    And here I thought this was a post about IP Phones

:)
  • Options
    Drift KingDrift King Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Netwurk wrote: »

Hahahahhaha me 2!
    Yea that part was funny cuz it was so random lol xD
    If u challenge the best u die like the rest!
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□

Well if it was in his house, I know from his CCNA:V videos he uses IP Phones... so he could have been shouting about one!

Thats funny that it got left in.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    OrvarOrvar Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That's mad I was just watching that yesterday. Had to listen to it again to check if he was shouting at someone to pick up the phone or if it was just one of his signature ARP!! ARP!! shouts.
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Ha, I remember that :D
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□

me too.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Now I'm going to have to watch this video again. :)
  • Options
    HeeroHeero Member Posts: 486
    But who was phone!!!
  • Options
    PhildoBagginsPhildoBaggins Member Posts: 276
    Lol that is the next video i'm watching... This guy is pretty funny
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Man I love Jeremy. That guy is responsible for like all of my Cisco certs.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just started the CCNA a few months back, but CBT Nuggets are a great heap of help.

:D Plus they just funny sometimes...

PHONE!
    ~ wedge1988 ~ IdioT Certified~
    MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese
  • Options
    wbosherwbosher Member Posts: 422
    If you watch the first "configuring STP" video, he mentions that he can telnet into a router using his iphone. He says something like "I can telnet to the router using my phone!!!".

I think the bit where he says "phone" somehow got into the other video.
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I remember wearing headphones when listening to that particular video. I literally laughed out. I agree with Boz; Jeremy is hugely responsible for the knowledge I have now :)
  • Options
    wbosher wrote: »
    If you watch the first "configuring STP" video, he mentions that he can telnet into a router using his iphone. He says something like "I can telnet to the router using my phone!!!".

I think the bit where he says "phone" somehow got into the other video.

I use an app called pTerm on my iPhone to telnet to my routers. I need WiFi connectivity to do it, I assume Jeremy does too but who knows.

Unless he meant an IP Phone - although I doubt that's possible.

• Options
    I use an app called pTerm on my iPhone to telnet to my routers. I need WiFi connectivity to do it, I assume Jeremy does too but who knows.

Unless he meant an IP Phone - although I doubt that's possible.

No, definately iphone. He shows a photo of it.
  • Options
    They're offering a free trial of nugget videos right now. I think I might try it as I have never seen it before. Hopefully it is of value beyond the comedy element.

• Options
    SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384
    i was watching that exact video last night... it was like out of no where... he was talking about STP and then PHONE!!!! and then he goes back to it as if it never happened. I'm gonna let myself finish but I gotta say Jeremy Cioara is the best the best Cisco instructor of all time... OF ALL TIME!!!
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)
  • Options
    I don't think he actually says "phone" while recording that video. I think somehow a small piece of a previous video, where he is talking about his iphone, made it on to this one. Should have probably been edited out, but he may have left it there on purpose knowing that one day we would be wasting several minutes of our lives discussing this.

If you listen to the previous video where he ends the sentence with "phone!", it sounds exactly the same.
  • Options
    wbosher wrote: »
    ....knowing that one day we would be wasting several minutes of our lives discussing this....

Maybe it was a plot to promote his website

Not very likely, but here we are creating a buzz about the site

• Options
    mtorresmtorres Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm going to watch that video this weekend, i'll make sure to keep my ears open for "PHONE!!". I like his videos a lot, I read in another thread that he writes the exam cram books for the ccna. I used the exam cram for the ccent but it was written by someone else I think Valentine something or other. But i'm definately going to get the one for the ccna if Jeremy wrote it.
  • Options
    soooowutnowsoooowutnow Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The first time I watched this I was kind of fading because the material is a little dry. I wonder if he put that in there on purpose to wake people up. Kind of like a teach dropping a book on your desk while you sleep in class LOL.
    2018 Achievements:
    Cloud Essentials SME
    Project+
    CRISC

2019 To conquer:
    Maybe CGEIT? I don't know - help!
  • Options
    BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Holy necro batman
    Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi
  • Options
    expl0itexpl0it Registered Users Posts: 1 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I heard that too, I love this guy. :P
  • Options
    wweboywweboy Member Posts: 287 ■■■□□□□□□□
    sorry to dig up an old topic but I found this post by google'ing "Jeremy ICND2 Phone" and this was the first post. I wanted to try and find more info what I'm guessing was it was left in there either on purpose or mistake but after he says it you hear static I know I've had cheap speakers that when a cell phone rang it made crazy clicking and static noises. Man I wish I could buy Jeremy a beer or two. Just from this topic alone on how many people have stated "Jeremy is the reason for my Cisco knowledge" he'd be one drunk man.
  • Options
    gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yep... just discovered this today and KNEW it would be on techexams... you guys are awesome and that outburst was hilarious.
    Goals for 2015: CCNP