Has anyone ever been asked to show proof of a cert?

2»

Comments

• ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    I've had to prove them more than I haven't. It's so easy now, they may as well ask. I just do the "Publish Credentials" thing on Cisco's site and it's done. Most recruiters will demand proof before submitting you to anyone, in my experience.
  • Mojo_666Mojo_666 Member Posts: 438
    Just been asked to provide proof of mine for a Job I am starting in a few weeks.
  • azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    My interview for the position I am in required hard copies of any certs and degrees I had that were required for the job. I brought originals to the interview and they made copies of the ones they needed. Worked out for me in the long run.
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I have been asked to bring them, but they never asked to look at them.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yes, TekSystems wanted proof.
  • skylineskyline Member Posts: 135
    I've been asked 2x from my last two employers. The one place would reimburse you if you obtained a cert (when I got my MCSE: Security) they paid me back for the cost of the 2 exams I had to pass. My last place was a MS Gold Certified partner so they needed proof to add my cert's to the program.

Other then those 2, no one has blinked an eye.
    Goals for '11
    MCITP: EA
    ITIL
    CCNA

Studying:
    MS press book 70-680
  • motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    Due to issues within our IT department and for proof that I am motivated in improving myself, which the company has benefited from, I provided a printout for my HR file. It helped me in my own role here, but no one has ever asked in interviews or pre employment requirements in the past.
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□

They didn't when I was with them.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    They didn't want proof of mine either.
    But then again the guy didn't know what the MCTS or MCITP were and I've only heard from him once since our meeting and that was answering an email from me when I was wondering where the heck he was..lol
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Yep just once. Of course, I only had 2x MCPs to show them at the time.
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've been asked once. It was for a desktop support position when I first was starting out. They wanted proof of my A+.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • lenco12lenco12 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    leefdaddy wrote: »
    Yup, I've had a few jobs wants to verify all certs, it mainly seems to be companies that have partner status with certain vendors.
    Yeah i think i was asked once to show them while in interview,i didnt have any documents by then and they stated that i should always have them with me which i thought a bit weird,luckily i keep all cards in my wallets which i had to show them.

Yes, in the UK it's part of the safer recruitment process (that's not to say that all organisations/sectors in the UK follow/use it).-Ken

wow I've never heard of this ever in the UK, which agencies ?

That said public sector roles typically ask for proof of certs here my current role did and i've attnded a couple of interviews where i've been asked to bring my certs with me.
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)