Options

Took me 9 months but I finally....

RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
GOT HIRED!! I will be starting Monday! The position is a Help Desk Analyst (possible moving to Network Tech in the coming months) for an outsourced IT company for not for profits and charter schools around the area and in the city. Starting pay $40k + benefits, the real beauty of it is the office is less than 10 miles away from my house so I don't have to bother commuting via public transportation. I interviewed with them 3 TIMES (once with the CEO so I could tell they liked me) and I got the call after the 3rd interview this afternoon.

I'm so excited and nervous at the same time!

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats man! Well done.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    citinerdcitinerd Member Posts: 266
    Congrats!!! Don't worry you'll be fine.
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    Congrats :)
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • Options
    XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats man!!!!icon_thumright.gif
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats homie. I know those butterflies haha.
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    awesome, congrats!
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    kahnkahn Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    beautiful...congrats mate. I am sure you will be fine.do not worry
    RomBUS wrote: »
    GOT HIRED!! I will be starting Monday!

So on weekend its good to be drunken_smilie.gificon_lol.gif
  • Options
    EZ21EZ21 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 509 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I thought you were going to say you made a baby. I guess this is good news too, congratulations! ;)
  • Options
    dynamik wrote: »
    I thought you were going to say you made a baby. I guess this is good news too, congratulations! ;)

I LOL'd I just noticed my title too

Thanks though!
  • Options
    Mojo_666Mojo_666 Member Posts: 438
    Congrats on the new job icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats and good luck in the new job icon_thumright.gif
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Options
    thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats and well done.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    ssampierssampier Member Posts: 224
    Sweet gig. Teachers, by large, are a hard working bunch; I don't doubt the nonprofit folks would be no different.

Enjoy your job and "keep on learning".

Do they provide a company car? Maybe I missed that from your post.
    Future Plans:

JNCIA Firewall
    CCNA:Security
    CCNP

More security exams and then the world.
  • Options
    smg1138smg1138 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I hope to be joining you soon. I'm just waiting for a background check to clear before it's official. The waiting is the hardest part.
  • Options
    ssampier wrote: »
    Sweet gig. Teachers, by large, are a hard working bunch; I don't doubt the nonprofit folks would be no different.

Enjoy your job and "keep on learning".

Do they provide a company car? Maybe I missed that from your post.

No unfortunately they don't provide a company car but they do provide free educations services (learning materials, books, lab work, training vids the works) so I will be sure to soak up as much as possible
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations on the Job!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    ssampierssampier Member Posts: 224
    No unfortunately they don't provide a company car but they do provide free educations services (learning materials, books, lab work, training vids the works) so I will be sure to soak up as much as possible

Training is better than a car. :)

I just meant transportation when you run around town trying to fix things, unless you can fix everything remotely which would be killer. :)
    Future Plans:

JNCIA Firewall
    CCNA:Security
    CCNP

More security exams and then the world.
  • Options
    RockinITRockinIT Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the hire!
    Courses Completed at WGU:
    Start Date: 10/01/10,

Courses Required For Me To Graduate WGU with BS - IT: SEC:

EWB2, BAC1, LAT1, LET1, LUT1, QLC1, QMC1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, WFV1, TEV1, TTV1, AKV1, GTT1, GUT1, TPV1, ABV1, BGV1, TSV1, WDV1, WSV1, BLV1, MGC1, ORC1, TWA1, CPW4
    Classes Transferred:

BBC1, LAE1, SSC1, SST1, CLC1
    Certifications Held:

In progress!
  • Options
    Hey all,

I started this week so I haven't been able to tell you how it was the first day. The first day was very busy for the help desk because we work with a lot of charter schools so school just started this past week. I love the job already, the co-workers are very down to earth and friendly and these guys are smart. The guy that was training taught me a lot of stuff on monitoring (pretty sophisticated monitoring system) and how they go about the process of remote support. About 90% of the support is the use of remote VPN access to the workstation/virtual server so that helps a lot. It is definitely a new and challenging experience for me. I didn't do a lot of work, it was mostly observing how the business operates, and I assisted with some tickets and in-house hardware repairs. This week I start off on my own...hope I do well
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hey all,

I started this week so I haven't been able to tell you how it was the first day. The first day was very busy for the help desk because we work with a lot of charter schools so school just started this past week. I love the job already, the co-workers are very down to earth and friendly and these guys are smart. The guy that was training taught me a lot of stuff on monitoring (pretty sophisticated monitoring system) and how they go about the process of remote support. About 90% of the support is the use of remote VPN access to the workstation/virtual server so that helps a lot. It is definitely a new and challenging experience for me. I didn't do a lot of work, it was mostly observing how the business operates, and I assisted with some tickets and in-house hardware repairs. This week I start off on my own...hope I do well

Nice update! Congrats on your success :)
  • Options
    giftedwongiftedwon Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats.. do they pay for you to get more certs while you are there ?