Options

Another Lab Question

BrizoHBrizoH Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi,

I've managed to get hold of some equipment via work. Do you think the following would be enough for CCNA studies, and in particular to play around with Frame Relay?

1 x 2801 Router
2 x 1721 Routers (both with WIC-1T's)
2 x Catalyst 2950's

I was thinking of buying 2 WIC-1T's for the 2801 and using this as the Frame Relay switch, but before spending any money I wondered if this was indeed possible?

Any thoughts/comments appreciated

Thanks,

Brian

Comments

• Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Nice haul, I am most envious of someone giving you a 2801 ;)

2950's are good too.

Should be fine for CCNA, though you'll be wanting a L3 switch such as a 3550 or even 3560 if you decide to go CCNP/beyond.
  • Options
    Cool, thanks for the feedback - I'm pretty chuffed with the 2801 as well I must admit!

Finally getting round to CCNA after many years of procrastinating but I'm getting back into the studying habit.

I'm hoping to wrap up the CCNA before the end of the year and have a serious assault on CCNP in the first half of next year
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    BrizoH wrote: »
    I was thinking of buying 2 WIC-1T's for the 2801 and using this as the Frame Relay switch, but before spending any money I wondered if this was indeed possible?

Yes, any of your routers will be up to the task of operating as a Frame Relay switch.

And congrats on the haul. I'm certainly jealous.
  • Options
    Excellent, thanks for the clarification.

Just reading that the 2801 can handle Call Manager Express which is interesting, I've got a Cisco Press book on the subject gathering dust (I was involved in a rollout but not so much in the configuration side)

Maybe I'll put that to some use in the future, but I guess I better not get ahead of myself :)