Options

Immediate FT opening for Experienced systems/network admin, Triad NC

blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
If you know someone with experience managing/implementing Active Directory, Windows 2003/2008 file and print, building Windows servers, managing name resolution (advanced understanding), and ideally, has some networking background (routing, switching, remote access), we have an immediate, full-time permanent position that we are trying to fill. Additionally, experience with web filtering, host security (i.e., corporate a/v and firewall products), backup and disaster recovery, SQL Server, Citrix, VMWare, VPN experience would be helpful.

Our company has done a terrible job advertising this position, so we're getting the wrong kinds of candidates... this is the kind of position in which a person with strong experience in a couple of areas and broad "exposure" in general would be a great fit. At least MCSA level plus experience and/or CCNA plus experience... but need to have strong experience in "either" systems or networking, with some "production" exposure on the side in which they are weaker.

If you know someone in NC that might be looking, please shoot me a message. Thanks.
IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
Working on: RHCE/Ansible
Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...

Comments

• Options
    ssampierssampier Member Posts: 224
    Sounds awesome. I don't live anywhere near NC but I'll let all my contacts know.
    Future Plans:

JNCIA Firewall
    CCNA:Security
    CCNP

More security exams and then the world.
  • Options
    Michael.J.PalmerMichael.J.Palmer Member Posts: 407 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well, I don't exactly meet all of the listed requirements though I do meet most and what I don't meet I'm sure I could pick up rather quickly (always had that working for me). I'll be testing for my Active Directory 2008 cert this coming Monday and I plan to have my MCITP: SA by the beginnning of November (so MCSA equivalent at that point, just for server 200icon_cool.gif. I've got a pretty broad knowledge of networking and I'd say my strong point is systems.

I'd definitely be interested if the position is still open after October 1st (my contract at my current Windows 7 deployment position ends then). I live about an hour east of Raleigh but I commute to Raleigh every Tuesday and Thursday anyways for class.
    -Michael Palmer
    WGU Networks BS in IT - Design & Managment (2nd Term)
    Transfer: BAC1,BBC1,CLC1,LAE1,INC1,LAT1,AXV1,TTV1,LUT1,INT1,SSC1,SST1,TNV1,QLT1,ABV1,AHV1,AIV1,BHV1,BIV1
    Required Courses: EWB2, WFV1, BOV1, ORC1, LET1, GAC1, HHT1, TSV1, IWC1, IWT1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CPW3.
    Key: Completed, WIP, Still to come
  • Options
    steve13adsteve13ad Member Posts: 398 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Looks like a very nice opportunity! I'm just a little bit too far east.
  • Options
    willhi1979willhi1979 Member Posts: 191
    Is the position in the Greensboro area? I'm in Raleigh so it would be a little far to commute each day. I have my MCSA, but the only experience I have doing Server Administration is from studying for the tests. I have been supporting an application on Windows Server for 7 years and we do run into Windows issues and LDAP issues sometimes.
  • Options
    thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I be more then willing to submit my resume to you. I will be moving to the area within the next couple of weeks if the right kind of job comes along. Wife and I been talking moving to NC for awhile now.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • Options
    pml1pml1 Member Posts: 147
    That's just the kind of job I've been looking for in one of the few areas my wife and I both agree is somewhere we would like to live...but we went and bought a house, and now we can't move for another year and a half without paying Uncle Same $8000. Thanks for posting the opportunity, I'm sure you'll get hits from quite a few qualified people here.
    Excellence is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, skillful execution and the vision to see obstacles as opportunities.
  • Options
    willhi1979 wrote: »
    Is the position in the Greensboro area? I'm in Raleigh so it would be a little far to commute each day. I have my MCSA, but the only experience I have doing Server Administration is from studying for the tests. I have been supporting an application on Windows Server for 7 years and we do run into Windows issues and LDAP issues sometimes.

It's between Winston-Salem and Greensboro. At least 1.5 hours from Raleigh.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    NightShade1NightShade1 Member Posts: 433 ■■■□□□□□□□
    wow that work fits me but i live in anothe country hehe
  • Options
    sainthsainth Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Is that the only open position you have? That's a lot travel if you're coming from Raleigh.
  • Options
    eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    thenjduke wrote: »
    I be more then willing to submit my resume to you. I will be moving to the area within the next couple of weeks if the right kind of job comes along. Wife and I been talking moving to NC for awhile now.

I'm sure your not the only NJ person looking to leave the state.....lol
  • Options
    eansdad wrote: »
    I'm sure your not the only NJ person looking to leave the state.....lol

You right I know a few but I am still working so that is good :)
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    thenjduke wrote: »
    You right I know a few but I am still working so that is good :)

Count me in, guys, as another guy who would leave NJ in a heartbeat to go down South....don't know about NC, but down South (TX preferably) is where I'm going if I ever get laid off. :)

Sorry about the threadjack....just wanted to chime in there. :D
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Left the state of NJ several years ago. Don't miss it.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    Yep, this is the only position open right now.

It's funny... we've had SEVERAL applicants that are looking to relocate from NJ. Is it really that bad up there?
    IT guy since 12/00

• Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    blargoe wrote: »
    Yep, this is the only position open right now.

It's funny... we've had SEVERAL applicants that are looking to relocate from NJ. Is it really that bad up there?

Cost of living up North may be one factor as well as the hassle. That and the population getting older and raising kids. It may just all add up to a better quality of life at home and at work down south.
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    blargoe wrote: »

Without turning this thread into an Anti-NJ thread (NJ is still my home....and there are still some positive things about my state), I'll put it like this.

If I was making $40k up in NJ and I have a chance to make $35k-$45k on a position in NC, assuming I still live the same way, I'll have way more money in my pocket because of COL. Turgon hit the nail on the head with COL, there are extreme advantages relocating to NC, though other states in the South are even more advantageous. But buttom line though if it's a lateral move in salary for some folks, it will feel like a nice raise in salary.

Along those lines, and not getting into the politics of my home state, that's why you would see a bunch of folks from NJ migrating down there. Only thing I would advise them is if you tried equating $40K to something like $28k-$30k, it would not make it worth the move. It's pretty much equal or more (give or take about $5k). :D
  • Options
    I think any move out of NJ is a good move. NJ is not bad state to live in but the price of taxes and homes is crazy. There is so much political crime here in this state. I have to give our new governor some credit he is going after the politicial crime and winning so far.
  • Options
    If you're wanting to get away from political corruption, NC isn't necessarily the place... it's just that down here, we're more "genteel" about it.
    IT guy since 12/00

• Options
    It is more then just that. I have kids and wife and the area I am in I just like to have better place for them to live. I use to live in NC.