Your study strategy? ICDN1

SurferdudeHBSurferdudeHB Member Posts: 199 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm about 50% in my studies, here is my daily routine:

- Watch CBT Nuggets
- Subnetting
- Lab practice on Packet Tracer

Any suggestions or addition I should include in this agenda?

Comments

• PhildoBagginsPhildoBaggins Member Posts: 276
    I read up to date exam books/guides.
    I setup labs and continually tear down and rebuilt my lab network.
    I watch CBT.
    I take Boson exams
    I track my own performance. (I track test resulted historically and I track items, protocols, concepts, ideas, things etc.... that I miss. I then go and dive into those specific areas.)
    I read stuff online.
    I take networking classes at East Tenn State U
    I listen to people smarter than me and try to crush and remove my own ego. I have some people at work that are really smart and have built mainframe and satellite networks for the billion dollar corp I work for.
    I offer free network consulting small or large just to get real world exp.

I really need to just go take the CCENT I have been way over studying lol.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Any suggestions

Yeah -- lose whatever this is
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • jgiambrjgiambr Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am following pretty much the same strategy only adding two books from Odem
    and Lammel. I like the CBT Nugget videos but, to me, they don't seem in depth enough so that is why I got the books.
  • tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
    I used the cisco press icnd1 book, bought a few routers and switches to practice on and ran through all 150 questions of the boson test twice. When doing the tests I check each answer after I give it and if I got it wrong I immediately spent the time figuring out why and understanding the material. I got I think 90% on the boson test final go through before the exam.
  • mtorresmtorres Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

I read Wendell Odom's and Todd Lammle's book and watched CBT Nuggets and labbed it up at work. After reading Todd Lammle's book I had a death in the family and lapsed on my studying about 10 days so am now reading the CCENT guide by Matt Walker to refresh and will complete CCent Exam Cram before 9/17/2010 which is my test day.
  • tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
    mtorres wrote: »
    Hi,

I read Wendell Odom's and Todd Lammle's book and watched CBT Nuggets and labbed it up at work. After reading Todd Lammle's book I had a death in the family and lapsed on my studying about 10 days so am now reading the CCENT guide by Matt Walker to refresh and will complete CCent Exam Cram before 9/17/2010 which is my test day.

Good luck to you! I write ICND2 the same day....
  • mtorresmtorres Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    tha_dub wrote: »
    Good luck to you! I write ICND2 the same day....

Thanks, good luck to you too man, hopefully we both come back celebrating!
  • mattlee09mattlee09 Member Posts: 205
    My ICND1 exam is scheduled for 9/28.

I have 5 CBTNugget videos left to finish in the ICND1 half, and I've already played with IOS on a lab switch/router. I'm going to push straight through Odom's ICND1 book, actually figure out subnetting, take the practice tests, brush up on what I miss, then sit the exam and hope I pass.. *-*

I found both when doing my Net+ and Sec+ that if I schedule the exam, I'll make the time to study somehow. I think it was Darril Gibson that said in the live Sec+ classes he teaches, he actually has the students register for the exam before they really start the class.
  • SurferdudeHBSurferdudeHB Member Posts: 199 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks all! Great input!