Options

SysPrep VS Unattended Installation

annointed3annointed3 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I am studying for 70-210 and would like to know if anyone could share any information as to which of the subject methods would be preferred for installing W2K on 500 machines with the same hardware.

From my studying I think that the unattended install would be preferred because no futher action would we be required for install if the answer file is configured properly. With the SysPrep utility, you have use an additional 3rd party software to copy image and install on target computer (I think).

Please let me know what you think and if I am correct.

Comments

• Options
    kik_azzkik_azz Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would use sysprep in installing W2k for machines with the same specs. You only have to create a model machine (also install all your applications/software) then copy the image to the target machines. By using an unattended installation of w2k, you would have to manually install all your applications/software on each machine.
  • Options
    cestricklincestricklin Inactive Imported Users Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    True....for that many PC's and even less than that, sysprep is always better even thought you have to use 3rd party disk imaging software....I use acronis true image...has never let me down...un-attends are for just a few PC's so you can do other it stuff while it installs..

~C
    "HE WHO BELIEVES, IS HE WHO SUCCEDES"
  • Options
    kevozzkevozz Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So you would recommend Acronis over Ghost? The new Ghost 10 doesn't allow you to ghost Server anymore.
  • Options
    cestricklincestricklin Inactive Imported Users Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Never used Ghost, ..acronis true image is the best Ive ever used and easy as well.

~C
    "HE WHO BELIEVES, IS HE WHO SUCCEDES"
  • Options
    blumenbergblumenberg Member Posts: 6 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hi there :)

but ca you use image(acronis)of diffirents pcs(diffenst motherboard and so on..)i bealive you can use i this cas only udb with answer file or ??

sorry for bothering (just prepear for 70-270 icon_sad.gif)