Options

how hard are certification

rom667rom667 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
havin some doutes and concerns about what i want to do in life (im only 19) anyway how hard is the ccna,ccnp,ccsp, mcsa and the mcse since these are the certs i wanna get when i start my degree in 2 years time

Comments

• Options
    HackNackHackNack Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Pretty damn hard, considering you don't know anything about them. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    not yet any way THATS Y I WANT TO LEARN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Pretty damn hard, considering you don't know anything about them.

You're being a little harsh, aren't you?

The certifications you listed are fairly difficult and/or time consuming. Check out the appropriate forums on here, or the vendors webpage to find out more information about each one.

Good luck!
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
  • Options
    whos bein harsh ME all i wanted is a rough idea nothing else!!!!!!! i mite decind to do something else i just want to know if they are achievable and what qualifications are recommended
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    rom667,

calm down. if you look at /usr's post you will see that he was quoting HackNack, so i'm assuming his post was directed at him and not at you.

Microsoft exams can be hard and take some time to prepare. I don't have any experience with the Cisco exams, but I have heard they are harder.

What computer background do you have? I would recommend starting with the A+ (pc hardware, basic OS) or Net+ (general networking).
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    at the moment i am doing a ocr level 3 in networking which basic invloves going to the cisco site and reading but i aint really taking it it, im also doing a city and guides configuring and installing software. i have a computer at home which ive built myself, i want a job in i.t, but i dont know which one yet im still thinking about if i should go into networking or not, ive also thought about joining the army (and do IT there) but still im only 19 ive got plenty of time to figure it out

p.s sorry for the outburst
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Romster: Check out this article. It has a bunch a different certs listed, and their descriptions, and also where to get more info on each. IT is a hard field, but if you want it, you can do it.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Check out the corresponding links of the certs your interested in for more information:

Cisco: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/learning/le3/learning_career_certifications_and_learning_paths_home.html

Microsoft:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/

Although I would recommend starting with A+ and Network+ like ajs recommended. Good luck in your choice.
    HackNack wrote:
    Pretty damn hard, considering you don't know anything about them. icon_rolleyes.gif

lol, although mean it was funny.
  • Options
  • Options
    cdad2000cdad2000 Member Posts: 323
    room667,

As you mentioned you are young, so it all depends on which direction you would want to buid a career.However, the competition is global my friend,that certification will differentiate you from the next person. On the bright hand side, your on a great site, which puts you at an advantage. Hit the books,and good luck.
  • Options
    you know what im gonna give it a shot and leave the army as a backup plan, heres a question the a+ and the n+ do you need to recertififly after a lenth of time (like 3 years for cisco)?????

p.s thanks for every1 help it is much appresheated
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    All Comptia certs, are good for life, as are the same with M$, even an exam is "retired", or longer available.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    TravlerTravler Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would suggest studying punctuation also. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    mikiemovmikiemov Member Posts: 182
    and shpelling...
    A woman drove me to drink, and I didnt have the decency to thank her.
  • Options
    HackNackHackNack Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Got to love the educational system. Good thing I didn't depend solely on it. icon_redface.gif
  • Options
    BinaryBagboyBinaryBagboy Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    rom667 wrote:
    you know what im gonna give it a shot and leave the army as a backup plan, heres a question the a+ and the n+ do you need to recertififly after a lenth of time (like 3 years for cisco)?????

p.s thanks for every1 help it is much appresheated

Not understanding you here a bit.
    Are you stating that you would leave the Army.?? or join the Army as a backup plan.

1 If you're currently in the Army, see if you can change MOS'es. Start reading and studying the small stuff and ask the Chain of Command if you can transfer into a more technical aspect of your current duty assignment.

2) If you would go into the Army as a "backup plan", then that's your choice. I did the indentured servitude bit myself for 3 years. If that's the course you wind up taking, then don't let the Recruiters BS you and try to force them into giving you a technical MOS "before" you sign the papers. Plus you'll get the $$$$ for the college part and you can use their money to advance your studies.
  • Options
    Fu LoserFu Loser Member Posts: 123
    Don't think about how hard a certificate is, they are all hard I can gaurentee that.

Getting your certifications is a life dedication. You need to eat and sleep with certs running through your mind. They are very time consumiing and probly much harder than any college class you will ever take.

Thats the best part though. Because certificates are so hard less people have them, wich is great news for you because less people that have them the higher value the certificate carries.

Check with your local college. I am actually getting college credit for all of my cisco certs I am obtaining. I get the certs then I pick up a degree with just a few classes.
  • Options
    You need to eat and sleep with certs running through your mind. They are very time consumiing and probly much harder than any college class you will ever take.

icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    rom667 wrote:
    2) If you would go into the Army as a "backup plan", then that's your choice. I did the indentured servitude bit myself for 3 years. If that's the course you wind up taking, then don't let the Recruiters BS you and try to force them into giving you a technical MOS "before" you sign the papers. Plus you'll get the $$$$ for the college part and you can use their money to advance your studies.

I agree ....watch out for those recruiters....Get something technical that you will like. And don't fall for the "There are only 2 slots left for this job, you better take it now", trick. Look at all you options and think it over. Also, get everything in writing...and make copies. This saved me more than once. Good luck to you...

Oh yeah...Have them throw in Jump school for the fun of it...

AIRBORNE ALL THE WAY!!!!
    SGT. TEN9T6 icon_wink.gif
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA