Options

Yahoo.. curious

2»

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    tiersten wrote: »
    Everybody I know just used to use hotmail. You used to be able to get Outlook integration for free.
    I still use hotmail and have all my other mail forwarded to it.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    tiersten - linking to the search page worked icon_thumright.gif, but still, I will continue to use Yahoo, I hate the way Google treats it's employees icon_mad.gif .. icon_lol.gif
    varelg wrote: »
    Yahoo actually shook things up first when they came up with unlimited storage while everybody else had limits. That was even before GMail came to be.

Actually GMail started the war by having a little counter that increases your mailbox size with time, it was THE THING that every one talks about.

Then came Yahoo's announcement and destroyed the hype created by GMail.

I use a hotmail account for my Technet + MCP access.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    wd40 wrote: »
    I hate the way Google treats it's employees icon_mad.gif .. icon_lol.gif
    Eh? What do you mean by that?
  • Options
    GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    earweed wrote: »
    I still use hotmail and have all my other mail forwarded to it.

Agreed

I filter all my junk through hotmail icon_cool.gif
    MS spamfilter couldn't catch water in a rainstorm.
  • Options
    GAngel wrote: »
    What "MS spamfilter"?
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    As it is Apple, you'd have to conform to the iSearch guidelines and if you didn't pass the approval process for your site then you wouldn't get in. You'd also not be able to link to any competing search engines or make anything that is also an Apple product line :D

or better yet , they will brick your browser if you didnt search using a lower case "i" before the term. Perhaps also use this as an excuse to brick your jailbroken iPhone just because they are both ran by apple lol

ok ok stretching out the joke a tad bit but oh well icon_razz.gif
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    Claymoore wrote: »
    yahooserious.com

(Couldn't resisticon_lol.gif)
    Huh. I've heard of "Yahoo Serious" before but never had any idea of what it was (or who he was) except it was something to do with Australia. I finally know now! :D
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    GAngel wrote: »
    Agreed

MS has a spamfilter?
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Eh? What do you mean by that?

It makes my job look like I'm working in Jail crash.gif
  • Options
    wd40 wrote: »
    It makes my job look like I'm working in Jail crash.gif
    Ahhh okay. I think for most people it does that :)
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    ssampier wrote: »
    I still use Yahoo. I enjoy reading Yahoo news and comics. Also I still have my yahoo email address; same one from 1996.

Yahoo search hasn't been good for years. I use Google for search. I have mixed opinions of other Google services; some are great (Google Mail/Gmail), some are not so great (Postini really needs an interface update).

I echo the exact same sentiment. I have used Yahoo since the rocketmail (before yahoo bought them!) days. Yahoo, to date, is still the only one that offers unlimited amount of email. For my purposes it's fine, and I actually have learned to ignore the ads. I also like Yahoo for that quick news update. It's more for portal use than true internet search.

Of course, for Google, I use search pretty much exclusively. I also recently subscribed to Google Voice. The only gmail account I use is the one provided by WGU. The "conversations" gimmick isn't exactly something I care for.
  • Options
    varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    Daniel333 wrote: »
    ... More and more they started intermixing ads in with their news and trying to disguise it as news. And it was kind the last straw for me, so I went and switched my services to google.

Just curious, what made you (assuming you ever did use it) walk away from Yahoo?
    Reading Yahoo news this past week, it gets more and more discomforting, news- mentisement and agenda- driven headlines aplenty, at least it's my impression that this is escalating. Have been paying limited attention to headlines before but it wasn't this bad.
    Would consider google if they drop their intention to spy on their users.
  • Options
    Repo ManRepo Man Member Posts: 300
    I've been using google search for years but switched from yahoo to gmail when I got a Droid.