Options

CCNA Training in London or Kent area

AkaniAkani Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi im new to this site and would like to say it fab. I do need a help from u guys that lives in London .

I have been studying for the ccent for ages but just dont have the guts to go for the exam. I self study for the N10-003 exam and pass that with no problem about two years ago. Can you help me with any good training provider in London especially the east or south east London area or in kent that are not too expensive.

i think my problem is just to get some confidence and get some practice with real equipment which i don't have at the moment. A friend of mine mention Comsuport, the problem is they are based in finchley and i live in kent and work in East London.

i will be very greatfull if someone can help.

Comments

• Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Akani wrote: »
    hi im new to this site and would like to say it fab. I do need a help from u guys that lives in London .

I have been studying for the ccent for ages but just dont have the guts to go for the exam. I self study for the N10-003 exam and pass that with no problem about two years ago. Can you help me with any good training provider in London especially the east or south east London area or in kent that are not too expensive.

i think my problem is just to get some confidence and get some practice with real equipment which i don't have at the moment. A friend of mine mention Comsuport, the problem is they are based in finchley and i live in kent and work in East London.

i will be very greatfull if someone can help.

Welcome to TE!!!! icon_thumright.gif

Have you tried to use products like GNS3? That will give you some hands on that you may need to solidify your skills. For the CCENT, I (I think most people as well) will suggest you self study. The material is a bit daunting/overwhelming in the beginning, but you can definitely get past it. Another idea... the money that you would spend on a course, you can probably purchase some fairly good lab equipment on eBay for that price. Just my thoughts. Hope you enjoy TE.

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    Hi Akani, welcome to TE.

I did a course with commsupport a while back and it was a worthwhile experience. I will say however I did have a fair amount of cisco experience prior to that and used it to focus on the exam topics as i was in a hurry.

That said if your just starting out i'd be inclined to look at GNS3 and a couple of switches for a home lab. The cost of the course will cover that easily enough and you will learn just as much. The course was more or less getting hands on experience rather than the theory. Your expected to do the theory prior to the course anyways.

Plenty of experienced people here to help you with any points you get stuck on and guide you as and when you need it icon_smile.gif

Imo if you've been putting the work in for the CCENT already then do a couple of the Boson exams(or similar) and then I'd say go take the exam. the worst that will happen is you fail, BUT you will learn a lot even from that. The cisco exams can be a little daunting compared to the others out there, but as long as you know your stuff you can and will pass.

PS have you considered the CBT route ? From experience I'd say these carry as much weight as the classroom based course. The only down side is you cant ask questions, but thats what places like this are for??
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)