Options

Ccent this week

mtorresmtorres Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well, this Friday is my ccent test (9/17/2010). This will be my first certification test ever. I started by reading Odom's book and watching CBT Nuggets. I then read Todd Lammle's book and when I finished that I stopped studying for about 10 days due to a death in the family. When I started back up again (about a week and half ago) I was pretty rusty, so read the Ccent guide by Matt Walker. I finished that yesterday. I am now reading the exam cram book and watching cbt nuggets every day until the test.

I took half of the boson exam and got an 85 on it. I had to stop because I ran out of time and had to pick someone up. The questions were in random order. I'm going to finish it up, but the ones that I missed it wasn't like I was totally lost, most of the time I just didn't read it deep enough. After I saw the answer most of the times I was like "Duh, I knew that".

I've been practicing subnetting at IP Subnet Practice for about half an hour a day. The past 2 days I haven't missed a single question. So I think I am ready for the test and honestly believe if I reschedule it for a later date there is nothing I could learn more. I guess I'll find out come test day. I don't want to get cocky because that always bites me in the butt. I think I know the material, the only thing that might screw me is anxiety and nerves come test day. But there's nothing I can do about that and even rescheduling it for a later day won't solve that problem.

Comments

• Options
    SMR511SMR511 Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck! Sounds like you've been using the best study material. I'd go over the Boson exam at least twice. It's very helpful.

If this is your first Cisco exam, one thing I think that would help the nerves a bit is to be very familiar with the types of questions and the testing interface itself...I took that as an after thought my first time and it unsettled me a little at first.
  • Options
    SMR511SMR511 Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    There is a little tutorial right before the exam but I find myself pretty nervous right around that time. It's worth knowing ahead of time...Once the actual test comes on, I tend to settle down (hopefully).
  • Options
    karkareykarkarey Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I pased my ccent with a 937 in Saturday, looks like you're well prepared. Keep calm and take your time reading and answering each question as the exam can be finished well under 90 minutes.
  • Options
    mtorresmtorres Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys for your input..I will keep the advice in mind.