Hello All - Passed Network+

kidainnykidainny Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone - been reading the boards for awhile, but recently joined.

Passed A+ last month and Network+ today 824/900.

Just wanted to thank everyone for some of the advice/insight into some of these certifications. Also seeing that other people are travelling the same road with their certifications is encouraging.

Keeping the NDA in mind - just wanted to say, i didn't get much at all about port/cable length questions everyone on here seem to be talking about. I did however get a question that had two correct answers, without being one of those select two answer options. After the test, i double checked it, and sure enough they were both right. Also got a duplicate question - i had actually got a duplicate pair of questions on my 702. Has anyone else experienced this?

Good luck with your exams - looking at Security+ now.

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the new cert and welcome to TE!
    I can't say that I've gotten duplicate questions on the same exam but I did have a couple that were on both the A+ exams that I took.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • kidainnykidainny Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks earweed.

Yeah, it was strange - same two questions (thankfully i knew the answer to them) and on the 702 this happened twice in the same exam.

I see you have your Sec+. How does the Sec+ compare to this? more difficult?

Looks like everyone here said to go with the Darril Gibson book for Sec+ so i pre ordered that and it arrived two days ago. Read the first chapter and I can see why.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The Sec+ was IMO the hardest of the three just because they word the questions so that one word can change your correct answer. None of the 3 were really that difficult though. The MS exams are much harder.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    kidainny wrote: »
    Looks like everyone here said to go with the Darril Gibson book for Sec+ so i pre ordered that and it arrived two days ago. Read the first chapter and I can see why.

Whether you are a master in a chapter or a particular chapter is difficult, make sure you go through the whole book and take the chapter tests at the end of the chapters. PLUS of course the final exam at the end of the book. If you can go through that whole book and get 85%+, you are ready for the exam with the pass! That book, seriously, is the only resource you need to pass. Me getting 870/900 means I overprepared. I really can't say that enough....lmao. There is definitely a reason why there are 36 100% 5-star reviews on Amazon for this book. You will not be disappointed.

I know it's hard to believe it, because I didn't believe it either when it was said. But after I took it, I found that most of my strong topics came from reading Darril's book. I turned cryptography from a weak subject, to my strongest. LMAO. It's sick....but that's how good it is. 1-2 weeks, you'll be good to go!

Congrats on the Network+....now complete your Trinity... :D
  • chuckleschuckles Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Great job! Keep on trucking!
  • cbsharpe0824cbsharpe0824 Member Posts: 153
    Congrats on the pass my friend. I'm too going for S+ next month.

Welcome to TE!