Options

changing a domain name

2»

Comments

• Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    knwminus wrote: »
    Yes! This^^^^
    It still would not matter. You could generate from ISS with the same basic result.
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It still would not matter. You could generate from ISS with the same basic result.

I wasn't able to generate that from IIS. When I tried it just used the CN of the server. I just tried again.
  • Options
    subl1m1nalsubl1m1nal Member Posts: 176
    I didn't think internal domain name mattered. Awesome! Hope it works well for you.
    Currently Working On: 70-643 - Configuring Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure

Plans for 2010: MCITP:EA and CCNA
    70-648 - Done
    70-643 - In progress
    70-647 - Still on my list
    70-680 - Still on my list

www.coantech.com
    www.thecoans.net
    www.facebook.com/tylercoan
    www.twitter.com/tylercoan
    www.linkedin.com/users/tylercoan
  • Options
    Mojo_666Mojo_666 Member Posts: 438
    At least you don't have to tackle a domain rename. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Mojo_666 wrote: »
    At least you don't have to tackle a domain rename. icon_thumright.gif

Hell yea! My faith has been restored. I was feeling pretty shitty earlier lol.

On another note, I think I need to pick up a powershell book.
  • Options
    ssampierssampier Member Posts: 224
    Congratulations on fixing your certificate problem.

Before you know it, you'll be MS certified - one of us, one of us :)
    Future Plans:

JNCIA Firewall
    CCNA:Security
    CCNP

More security exams and then the world.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I wasn't able to generate that from IIS. When I tried it just used the CN of the server. I just tried again.

That was your error. CN should be set to the domain you want the clients to be able to access as a URL. See the quote in my post above.
  • Options
    ssampier wrote: »
    Congratulations on fixing your certificate problem.

Before you know it, you'll be MS certified - one of us, one of us :)

I'm totally thinking about it now, for real.
    That was your error. CN should be set to the domain you want the clients to be able to access as a URL. See the quote in my post above.

I see. What I still don't get is how to generate this from the GUI but hey, I don't care about that anymore lol.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    On another note, I think I need to pick up a powershell book.

Master-PowerShell | With Dr. Tobias Weltner - PowerShell.com
  • Options
    dynamik wrote: »

Win!

See you guys later. I'll check back in and let you all know how it ended up.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm totally thinking about it now, for real.

I am MS certified, and you are still tinkering with things that I have barely touched.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    I am MS certified, and you are still tinkering with things that I have barely touched.

I think MS stuff is cool again. My main hate for Windows has come from cleaning off **** from peoples machine. Not even the acceptable **** either. Weird off the wall type stuff. This has happen to me more than once and at more than one job. People searching the web for crazy ****, get something and then call me and get mad when I say it is going to take more than 5 minutes to clean. Sigh....

At any rate this has been a fun little experience. Exchange is almost mystical in its complexity. I might be able to squeeze out an MCS-something or a MCITP-whatever lol. But that will be after I get the Security+. For you Devils, for you lol.
  • Options
    But that will be after I get the Security+. For you Devils, for you lol.

I'm not feeling too threatened. By my count the security+ won't be done until 2012 so that really isn't much competition.
  • Options
    I'm not feeling too threatened. By my count the security+ won't be done until 2012 so that really isn't much competition.

You cut me deep man. icon_sad.gif
  • Options

I haven't set this up with a signed cert before. I have dealt a little bit with setting up OWA and activesync with a self signed cert. It just adds a couple more steps when setting up the phones.

It's one of those things you don't do a lot. Once you have it set up, you're done. Not much to maintain on it.
    Currently Working On: 70-643 - Configuring Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure

70-648 - Done
    70-643 - In progress

www.coantech.com
    www.thecoans.net
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You cut me deep man. icon_sad.gif

And this, kids, is the reason why you don't announce preparation for a certification that isn't a massive endeavor, like the CCIE icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    dynamik wrote: »
    And this, kids, is the reason why you don't announce preparation for a certification that isn't a massive endeavor, like the CCIE icon_lol.gif

Noted lol.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    +1 on this..lol
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Mojo_666Mojo_666 Member Posts: 438
    subl1m1nal wrote: »
    I haven't set this up with a signed cert before. I have dealt a little bit with setting up OWA and activesync with a self signed cert. It just adds a couple more steps when setting up the phones.

It's one of those things you don't do a lot. Once you have it set up, you're done. Not much to maintain on it.

Spot on with this, I have done this 4 times, all within the same week approx. 3 years ago. The thing is though even though you do not touch it very often once you have you do get the knowledge,the detail gets lost over time but you do know what is supposed to happen and how things are supposed to work and what your options are, the detail always needs a good Google unless you do it frequently.
  • Options
    And the lord stretched out his hand and said "I shall create OWA and all of my people shall access mail on their droid 2" and it came to be and he saw that it was good.

FTFW! It is so awesome! icon_thumright.gif:)icon_lol.gif:Dicon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    I just have to post how much win this is. Now the down side is I will need someone to enforce encryption on the devices but for now I am happy as a um happy person being happy lol.

Oh I am even happier. It enforced the activesync policy I made.
  • Options
    And the lord stretched out his hand and said "I shall create OWA and all of my people shall access mail on their droid 2" and it came to be and he saw that it was good.

FTFW! It is so awesome! icon_thumright.gif:)icon_lol.gif:Dicon_thumright.gif

All hail King Knwmius. He has givith us our interwebs and emails.
  • Options
    Congrats. It's a little bit of work to set up, but now you'll be able to setup Windows Mobile, Android, and iPhones with ease. Blackberry is another story. LOL. Wait, didn't you mention you already had BES rockin?

Maybe you should go after those M$ certs Mr. Exchange admin.

70-648 - Done
    70-643 - In progress

www.coantech.com
    www.thecoans.net
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats. It's a little bit of work to set up, but now you'll be able to setup Windows Mobile, Android, and iPhones with ease. Blackberry is another story. LOL. Wait, didn't you mention you already had BES rockin?

Agreed, just skip the server certs and go straight for exchange..lol

Glad to hear you got it going.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options

Bes is rolling like a champ. I need to upgrade the exchange tools on it later but other than that it is rocking. I already have the DROID phones set up. I need to figure out how to make this hipaa certified and then I am in like flin. Now my CEO will be happy (my bosses boss). icon_biggrin.gif

earweed wrote: »
    Agreed, just skip the server certs and go straight for exchange..lol

Glad to hear you got it going.

Nah. If I was going to do it, I would do some server certs first lol. I really don't know. I figure I just need to finish out what I said I am going to do this year and then decided on what's next. I am trying to figure out what I want to specialize in as far as my career.