Options

Getting ready to start studying for 70-680

Hello all,

this is my first post in the Microsoft forums. I am getting ready to start studying for the 70-680 exam next week. I have already purchased the MS book, and am downloading the trial of enterprise. What else do you folks recommend? What kind of lab do most of you use? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
CCNP: ROUTE B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B , SWITCH B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B, TSHOOT [X ] Completed on 2/18/2014

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Be sure to check the erratra links in the resorces thread as that book has a LOT of errors. resources thread link http://www.techexams.net/forums/windows-7-exams/42480-70-680-resources.html
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    t3ch_gurut3ch_guru Member Posts: 166
    If you can I would purchase the 70-680 CBT Nugget plus the book since you already have it. The practice test that comes with the book and like earweed said the resource thread. This should be suffice. The CBT nugget is optional. You do not need it to pass the exam, but it helps.

I would probably use something like Virtualbox or VirtualPC for labbing purposes. At least with Virtualbox you can install a x64 version of Windows 7.
    Knowledge is Power.
  • Options
    johnwest43johnwest43 Member Posts: 294
    Thanks for the info guys.
    CCNP: ROUTE B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B , SWITCH B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B, TSHOOT [X ] Completed on 2/18/2014
  • Options
    CChilderhoseCChilderhose Member Posts: 137
    Yeah I have to say that the CBT Nuggets would be optional. I used VMware Workstation 7 at home for my studies and just the MS Press book plus the tests on the CD.

If you read through all of that and focus on the new features you will be fine.
    VCAP-DCA, VCP 55
    MCITP: EA, VA, SA
    VCAP-DCD, VCP6 -- COMING SOON
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I know that it has already been said here but I want to echo it one more time. Get the CBT nuggets for this series! Conrad did a great job on the sections covering deployment. If you couple what he explains to you with a little bit of lab work you will have deployment down pat.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I recommend that you read both the MS Press book for the 680 and 685 while studying. It's a real eye opener!

Good Luck with your studies icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    krusty83ukkrusty83uk Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello,

I sat the 70-680 back in April and passed! I was studying on and off since December.

I used the MS press book and the sticky notes from this site.

I must say I found the MS press book hard reading! If it wasnt for the sticky notes on this site and support from this site I dont think I could have passed!

I did have a bit of enterprise experience working with windows 7 and a home lab set up which really helped me.

I have to add I am studying for the 70-640 I am using CBT Nuggets for the first time aswell as the MS press book! I must say the CBT Nuggests are great!

If the CBT Nuggets for the 70-680 are half as good as the 70-640 Nuggets you be on the right track!

Best of luck with your study

Russell