Options

Going for CCENT/CCNA

2»

Comments

• Options
    MierdinMierdin Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Heh.....as long as it's a healthy hate. icon_thumright.gif

However, I still have to fight off the senior engineers so that I can use it icon_lol.gif
    "We gain complexity by linking together. To be isolated within a single platform is to be reduced. We see less. Understand less. It is quieter.” -Legion

Current Focus: CCIE R/S
    Blog -- Keeping It Classless
  • Options
    joboxjobox Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Taking my CCENT later this week. I feel that I am strong going into the 'quiz' (I like to keep it light) but I keep getting this feeling of doubt about whether I'll pass or not. $125 right now isn't what it was 2 years ago if you know what I mean especially only having jobs that barely qualify as temp being offered to me for terrible wages. I guess it's first cert jitters or something, lol.

John
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Putting Cisco on hold until after Feb as I'm way behind on my MS and other WGU stuff. 2-1/2 months down and I've completed 0/25 units.I've been dabbling with the switches and should be concentrating on my MS studies.I'm retaking the 70-643 AGAIN in 2 weeks and basically rewatching videos, rereading the books, and relabbing everything.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Once again I lied. Couldn't hold back doing some switch stuff. I really like this stuff but right now I can't plug more than 1 switch in without popping the breaker. I'm also an electrician on the side so I'll be running a new breaker and another power line to my office. It's not gonna be a "pretty" job as I'm just gonna run the line in through my closet floor and install a 4 outlet flush plug nest to the door so I can run all my Cisco stuff.
    Anyone know how much juice (Amps) I'll be using with 2 2950's, 2 2600XM's, and probably later some more routers and switches for the CCNA Security and voice studies? I may even try for a CCNP later.
    I'd like to just install the one new breaker and not have to upgrade it later.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    pctechcareypctechcarey Member Posts: 8 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey all, lots of great info here. Can anyone recommend some equip to look for? I am building my own CCNA lab and will possibly want to move into the Security, Voice, etc additions. There is a lot of stuff out there with different models and what not.

What would suggest for a hands on lab setup? I have used PT but want more hands on to supplement. What routers/switches are best? How many? What IOS?

Any suggestions/help would be awesome.

I have looked at CiscoKits.com and others but have been told that routers like the 2500 are too old and that the kits are expensive. Any comments?
  • Options
    agpltagplt Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just thought how good it would be to have cisco lab, but when i look at shipping prices... oh my, it's to expensive to pay 10 times more for switch than it's costs in ebay. And when i see here like cisco 2950 cost $60 in my country it cost $500-$900 it makes me cry... icon_rolleyes.gif
    Currently working on:
    - CCNA
    Future plans:
    - CCNA Security
    - CCNA Voice

Currently reading:

- Todd Lammle “CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide, 5th Edition (640-801)
    Currently watching:
    - CBTnuggets Cisco 640-822 Jeremy Cioara

2011 10k challenge
    Pages read: 137
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    agplt wrote: »
    And when i see here like cisco 2950 cost $60 in my country it cost $500-$900 it makes me cry... icon_rolleyes.gif
    Rack rental may still be an option -- and rack access may be included with some of the CCNA products out there. There's Chris Bryant's CCNA Study guide -- and here's his CCNA rack rental page. ConfigureTerminal.com has some free (and paid) resources for the CCNA -- and CCNA remote labs.

Then there's the free CCNA Community Lab over at PacketLife.com -- and while you're there check out the "**** sheets." Those may have been better name CCNA Topic Study/Review Sheets -- but I guess if you did smuggle them into the exam and looked at them during the exam then they really would be **** sheets. icon_lol.gif

Or you could rely on the kindness of strangers -- "Kind Sir, May I please have some remote CCNA Rack Access?"
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    agpltagplt Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Rack rental may still be an option -- and rack access may be included with some of the CCNA products out there. There's Chris Bryant's CCNA Study guide -- and here's his CCNA rack rental page. ConfigureTerminal.com has some free (and paid) resources for the CCNA -- and CCNA remote labs.

Then there's the free CCNA Community Lab over at PacketLife.com -- and while you're there check out the "**** sheets." Those may have been better name CCNA Topic Study/Review Sheets -- but I guess if you did smuggle them into the exam and looked at them during the exam then they really would be **** sheets. icon_lol.gif

Or you could rely on the kindness of strangers -- "Kind Sir, May I please have some remote CCNA Rack Access?"

Some time ago i asked about this and how i didn't come up with this idea. Still it's better than nothing, i will try write to stranger and ask why he is so kind and if he could lend me his passwords icon_twisted.gif PacketLife.com is good option but it have very tight schedule. heh **** sheet ;D still i have long run... till my CCNA, i starting to love it more and more, studying without thinking about all world around me and sometimes i forget to eat... Just spending my time near book or in this forum, this i call passion ! Cisco is addictive you need to put some warning signs for ppl :D BTW, Thank You for information ! :)
    Currently working on:
    - CCNA
    Future plans:
    - CCNA Security
    - CCNA Voice

Currently reading:

- Todd Lammle “CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide, 5th Edition (640-801)
    Currently watching:
    - CBTnuggets Cisco 640-822 Jeremy Cioara

2011 10k challenge
    Pages read: 137
  • Options
    Long time since I've been here to up date. I bought 3 2950's and 2 2600 so far and need to get another switch and a to finish up my lab. I got my rack built (do it yourself job) and stuff fits in fine. I gave it an extra 1/2" space between units for extra ventilation and have supports for the backs of the units, nothing fancy. I'll post my pictures here and in the Lab pics thread when I'm done.
    Had some problems and didn't finish WGU this last term as planned so the CCNA will wait a few more months.