Labsim 7 Day Free Trial

earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
It's only a few modules but you do get a free practice test out of the deal.

Don't know how long it'll last but you can get a free trial of Labsim for 7 days at LabSim CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) Certification Training just click on the free trial box and fill in your info. It includes access to the following products
  • A+ Essentials (220-701)
  • A+ Practical Application (220-702)
  • Network+ (N10-004)
  • CCNA (640-802)
  • Active Directory Configuration Server 2008 (70-640)
  • Configuring Windows 7 (70-680)
The 70-680 is probably the most attractive one to me, to be honest.
No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.

Comments

• mattlee09mattlee09 Member Posts: 205
    "This free trial gives you access to the first several modules in the following courses:"

Bah!
    I just finished the Cioara's CBT Nuggets for ICND1 this afternoon...when I saw this thread I was thinking 7 days might be just enough to go through the LabSim as well...but being as how it's only the "first several modules", probably wouldn't be much more than general network topic review.

On to Odom's Press book I go!

Btw - How is Darrils Server 2008 book so far? I'll probably pick it up when I start Microsoft in a few months after CCNA.

Edit (To add some relevance to the thread):
    My high school actually purchased me a LabSim license for A+ and Net+ a few years back, and they were my only media in getting both certs besides repairing PC's and running grunt Net-Ops tasks.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It does include a practice exam so that may be worth looking at.

Darrils 747 book is really good except that you can't check the answers to the end of chapter questions. It's because it's a textbook and that means it's expensive, too.

Only the "first several modules" so hopefully it gets to the parts about deployment which the MS book on 680 was so bad on. hmm

I also used Labsim as my main source for the Net+ and as the second source for Sec+ and did well on both. No network exp at all until afterwards.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.