Options

Chase website down

DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
I don't bank with Chase, but I was listening to the radio this morning on my way to work, and one of the morning DJ's was complaining how he was trying to pay his bill but their website is down. Apparently it died on Monday night and as far as I know is still down. They have 16.5 million customers that use online banking.

So why on earth should their site be down this long? Don't they have fail over clusters and disaster recovery plans?
Decide what to be and go be it.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Their customer service and policies make that look good. They're the worst bank I've ever done business with.
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    My mortgage is with them. *crosses fingers they hired a moron to do backups*
  • Options
    Bert McGertBert McGert Member Posts: 122
    Ya, my wife and I use Chase.com and she mentioned the outage the night before last. She followed it up with, "I bet there's someone like you running around, freaking out."

I told her that I was sure there was a large group of people at Chase running around, freaking out.

Curious to hear what the problem is/was, but I doubt the entire truth will ever come out. What I do know is that there are sure to be some folks at Chase that have started updating their resumes and Dice/Monster accounts.
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    The internet banking for the credit union I'm with is down. It's been down since yesterday. I guess I'm going to have to pay things the old fashion way.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    I was actully able to log in this morning to pay my bill. I tried a few minutes ago and it is saying my username and password are wrong + it's taking a long time to open the site. I figure EVERYBODY is trying to log in right now. I need to order some LCD screens from NewEgg and Chase gives 2% back if you go to Newegg from the Chase site.
  • Options
    Ha... the main login page gives the "try again later message".

If you click on Contact Us at the top, click on the "via email" option, and then it'll give you an option to login (for existing users). Throw in your credentials and, voila, you're in.
  • Options
    CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    Ha... the main login page gives the "try again later message".

If you click on Contact Us at the top, click on the "via email" option, and then it'll give you an option to login (for existing users). Throw in your credentials and, voila, you're in.

Thanks B-McG
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    Their customer service and policies make that look good. They're the worst bank I've ever done business with.

I bank with chase as do my mother and father. My parents mortgage was through Wamu before JP purchased them. They were happy with it and loved the customer support. When Wamu went to chase, they started getting random calls from India reminding them to pay there bill. They hadn't actually been late, they just wanted to remind my parents to pay.

This went on for a couple of months. One day my parents were a couple of hours late on a payment (literally less than a day). Well of course chase called and they asked my parents what source of income the payment was coming from. They actually asked was the payment coming from a primary source of income. My mother went off on them because that is a very rude question to ask and it really isn't any of their business.

I started banking with chase when I was 18 and I went to college. I can honestly say that they are simply the worse in terms of customer service. decentralized is a pain in the butt. You may have to speak to one set of people about changing an address and another set to actually confirm it. Or 1 set of people about making a payment on a credit card and yet another to find the balance. They are so quick to ask you for you SSN and they get upset when you ask for other ways of account access. I hate them and I am probably going to switch from them when we pay off our credit cards.
  • Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    This happened with US Bank and Wells Fargo not too long ago. Power outages and their backup power fried equipment.
  • Options
    poriggityporiggity Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    We have Credit cards with Chase, and my wife was just saying the same thing as above, last night when we were trying to get onto the website. "I bet there's some computer nerd like you running around like a chicken with his head cut off" hahahaha.
    Scott
    A+, 70-270, and working on 70-290 now. Certs are good.
    claymoore wrote:
    If you're unzipping your fly to show off your A+, N+ and Sec+, I'm going to ask if it's cold in here.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Looks like they're still having issues on the back-end. I'm able to enter my credentials, but it keeps on saying it can't log me in. I don't know whether to laugh or to cry at the thought that it might not just be the online banking, the ATMs could also be freaking out. (You know, now that I need to go get money out, of course. icon_lol.gif )

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    Anyone notice how the Chase logo looks sort of... goatse?

ChaseLogo.gif

Hello.jpg!
  • Options
    Sorry, couldn't help myself. I know it's weak, but for 5 minutes worth of effort, I think it's pretty good. ;)
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    September 15, 2010

ASSOCIATED PRESS
    NEW YORK — Problems at Chase's online banking service are continuing.
    The site went down Monday night and was down all day Tuesday. A Chase spokesman said service was restored early Wednesday, but later Wednesday morning the site again carried a message saying service was unavailable.
    Chase has 16.5 million customers who bank online. Chase's ATMs and telephone banking services weren't affected.
    Chase spokesman Thomas Kelly said Chase would work with any customers who had online bill payment deadlines they couldn't meet because of the outage.

Found a couple articles about it. Chase isn't coughing up the cause, just blaming "technical issues"
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I'm curious...the microsoft.com is down as well. I wonder if they are related.