Options

My new base topology for my lab

I finally got to sit down for a little bit last night and setup my equipment so at least it can talk to each other.

I have 3 2620's inbound right now. I will use them as routers on a stick for each 2900xl driving different vlans. Then I have a 831 just sitting off to the left for SDM practice :) I plan on connecting 2 other low pc's to this network I have in storage at the moment, and my quad core will sit on VLAN 1 for admin purposes. This week I will convert the routers inside networks to VLSM to make the ip usage efficient.

Is this setup adequate so I can start converting protocols etc....?

33a73mq.jpg

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Dude get Visio or even dia.
    Most people on here don't want to scroll across a drawing like that
    which can barely be read At least be neat.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    PhildoBagginsPhildoBaggins Member Posts: 276
    earweed wrote: »
    Dude get Visio or even dia.
    Most people on here don't want to scroll across a drawing like that
    which can barely be read At least be neat.

hey it was like 4 in the morning lol
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    It's a start.

Although grouping those 1900's won't do much for you except run up your electric bill.

:)
  • Options
    Netwurk wrote: »
    It's a start.

Although grouping those 1900's won't do much for you except run up your electric bill.

:)

Yeah I plan on selling off the 2500, 3800, and all the 2900's and 1900's for some 2950's and nm-4a/s modules for my 2600's as well as some memory upgrades.
  • Options
    I hope this cleared up that bad pic before. in the next little bit I plan on unloading some unused toys I have in storage as well as the current switches in this setup so I can build a frame cloud and get some 2950's and a layer 3 switch.

2j0mrlg.jpg