Options

After CCNA question

ToddBToddB Member Posts: 149
After CCNA I was planning on going voice since Ive been in voice for over 26years. VOIP on Nortel/ Avaya(now) But I bought chris Bryant Ultimate CCNA study package and he added CCNA security in for free. Should I stay on my plan of start working on my CCNA voice then CCVP studies. Or take a break from the plan and do the Security course. At 48 I don't know about new direction, but could security help my resume on Voice.

I quess some advise from those who been around cisco testing awhile.
Now back to Frame-relay studies!
:thumbup:

Phil 4:6 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."

Comments

• Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    If you've been in voice for over 26 years, I'd stick with voice. With your experience, I think the cisco press book would give you enough knowledge to pass. If your workplace is still all Nortel/Avaya you might want to get a small voice lab going for some hands on.
  • Options
    JSKJSK Member Posts: 166
    The IINS exam does have some discussion on voice security as well. Not much but it does get covered.
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Isn't the CCNA Voice for SMB installations of Voice?

Surely you should skip that and head straight for CVOICE and the dizzy heights of CCVP itself

And I think CVOICE now counts for the CCNA: Voice doesn't it
  • Options
    ToddBToddB Member Posts: 149
    gorebrush wrote: »
    Isn't the CCNA Voice for SMB installations of Voice?

Surely you should skip that and head straight for CVOICE and the dizzy heights of CCVP itself

And I think CVOICE now counts for the CCNA: Voice doesn't it

I didn't know if its ok to do that, I thougt I needed ccna before CVoice.
    :thumbup:

Phil 4:6 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    You used to have to... I think either will count nowadays.

I'd check with Cisco's website.

I'd direct link you, but it is nearly 5PM and time to go home! :D
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□