Options

Disconnect from Service-Mod Session Through Access Server

pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
OK, so we’re connected to R1s console port via an Access Server. From there we need to open up a local session to a service-module, say AIM-CUE, or NME switch module, is there any way to disconnect from the service-module session without killing the session between R1 and the Access Server? Ctl+Shift+6+x closes the entire connection to R1, and when you re-connect, you’re @ the service-module prompt.

It’s really only a problem for initial configuration (I tend to wipe and re-configure things a LOT in the lab!) – before SSH access is setup - but I keep thinking there has to be a better way than rebooting the module to get back to R1!
CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You can change the default escape character on the access server to something other than x using the terminal escape-character command.

If I'm using an access server to access several other access servers, I usually change the first access server escape sequence to Ctrl-Shift-6-w
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Perfect - Thanks Mike!!! I'm changing it tonight - Sure beats waiting for an AIM-CUE to boot up :)
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    pitviper wrote: »
    Perfect - Thanks Mike!!! I'm changing it tonight - Sure beats waiting for an AIM-CUE to boot up :)

Ouch those things can take a little long sometimes!
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    terminal escape-character

Never heard of that command, nice tip
  • Options
    Played around with this a bit tonight and the following works as well:

CTRL-SHIFT-6, CTRL-SHIFT-6, x

It steps me back one session instead of dropping me back to the access server. I mapped it the F12 key in SecureCRT and now I have a 1 button exit sequence :)
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    pitviper wrote: »
    I mapped it the F12 key in SecureCRT and now I have a 1 button exit sequence :)

Very clever... I'll have to see if I can do such a thing with my terminal emulator (ZTerm - Mac). Thanks for posting pitviper!!

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker