Options

Failed.... DaMN

tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
Well I had to update so here it is.... Failed my icnd2 today. 784 and needed 825... Man that's close... Highlights as follows... 100% on frame relay, WAN, and ACL's but my LAN/switching was 53%. the rest was 60-70's... So I know where I need to study to get this done second time around and there will be a second time.

I had 8 min to spare and considering one question might have made the difference that hurts.

All in all I thought it was a very fair test. Either you know the answer or you don't. no trickery or anything. The sims I found quite easy. Some of the multiple choice questions I just wasn't sure about like I had one answer for sure but the second was a real mystery and Imade a best guess.

Anyways I'm off for my non celebratory beer... 13 hours round trip for a test is a lot :)

Comments

• Options
    jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393
    Bad luck man I remember taking that exam a few years back and thought it was one of the hardest so far. I got slaughtered on NAT and ACLs but still managed to pass. Good luck on your next attempt and hang in there.
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    tha_dub wrote: »
    Anyways I'm off for my non celebratory beer... 13 hours round trip for a test is a lot :)

Wow, that's a long drive to take a test

Hope you pass next time, I think you will as you are showing a lot of dedication

:)
  • Options
    Yes it takes quite a while... I live on Vancouver island so its a 2 hr boat ride each way plus buses etc....
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Yes it takes quite a while... Ferry boats really increase travel time ;)

Ferry boats, I thought they only had those in my day. When I was in my 20's I had to make a delivery near Pittsburgh and it took forever as I had to wait for a ferry to get across the Monongahela.

Even back then (the 80's) they were rare and my boss thought I was goofing off.

:)
  • Options
    matt79matt79 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well I had to update so here it is.... Failed my icnd2 today. 784 and needed 825... Man that's close... Highlights as follows... 100% on frame relay, WAN, and ACL's but my LAN/switching was 53%. the rest was 60-70's... So I know where I need to study to get this done second time around and there will be a second time.

I had 8 min to spare and considering one question might have made the difference that hurts.

All in all I thought it was a very fair test. Either you know the answer or you don't. no trickery or anything. The sims I found quite easy. Some of the multiple choice questions I just wasn't sure about like I had one answer for sure but the second was a real mystery and Imade a best guess.

I got 75% on the frame relay part when I took it icon_smile.gif You must have studied that section very well, or work for an ISP :D
    CCNA certified
    Network+ certified
    Security+ certified
    A+ certified
    CCNP in progress
    :study:
  • Options
    You know it's funny... I knew I was weak on frame relay ACl's and Switching last week when I did a practice test so I re-read all the chapters in my cisco press book and did some online study... WAN and ACL extra study clearly paid off... I just don't know about the switching end of things.

One thing I will say (Please delete if it's against NDA)
    I will be using another resource other than the cisco press book for follow up switch study before I write again.
  • Options
    mtorresmtorres Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck the 2nd time around, i bet you'll whip it the 2nd time. The way I saw it today on taking my ccent is that if I failed i would count it as a really expensive practice exam. But man, 13 hours that sucks.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good luck on the retake man.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Keep your head up! Keep grinding away and next time, you'll pass.
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Yes it takes quite a while... I live on Vancouver island so its a 2 hr boat ride each way plus buses etc....

Sounds like a nice boat ride. You'll pass it next time!!
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    mtorresmtorres Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Do you stay in a hotel and then take the test the next morning or travel all that way and take the test the same day? I don't think I could ever pass any exam after a travel like that. Traveling wears me out.
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    tha_dub,

Sorry to hear you missed it this time!!! You'll be sure to get it next time. Good luck... if you need some additional study resources, check out the Free CCNA Workbook website that has been put together by MGeorge. In addition to what MGeorge has at his site, you can also check out Jeremy Stretch's Free Community Lab in which you can have access to real lab equipment (if you don't have your own). Other than that, you're golden... good luck to you!!! HTH.

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    Ryuksapple84Ryuksapple84 Member Posts: 183
    I failed my ICND2 the first time by 2 points.

Keep at it, you will get it!
    Eating humble pie.
  • Options
    Hey thanks for all the words of support everyone!

I'm in the process of going over what I missed and I think try #2 should be good.

The travel really does suck... I could cut it down by flying but that is more $$$$. Otherwise its a drive a boat ride a bus then a skytrain... Wadaya gonna do..

I'll post back when I've re booked. I need to work out dates with my boss.