Options

Want to capture audio from CBT Nuggets

SurferdudeHBSurferdudeHB Member Posts: 199 ■■■□□□□□□□
Is there a app for Windows Media player (I'm running Windows 7) that will only capture the audio from CBT Nuggets videos?

I want to listen to Jeremy's lecture while I'm driving, thx.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You might be able to convert it with something like: SUPER &copy

Worst case, just plug your line-out into your line-in and record.
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    for things that are annoying like this, I just install Audacity and record.

I believe CBT nuggets uses the Sothink FLV encoding, but I've never found any free tool that will convert it to a more friendly format (I'd love to have CBT nugs on my iPod, for example)
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Have you tried Super? That app is magic; I can't believe all the weird formats and codecs it can convert between (though it likely fails when things like DRM are involved -- I haven't gotten Nuggets in years, so I'm not sure what, if anything, they have in place).
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    dynamik wrote: »
    Have you tried Super? That app is magic; I can't believe all the weird formats and codecs it can convert between (though it likely fails when things like DRM are involved -- I haven't gotten Nuggets in years, so I'm not sure what, if anything, they have in place).

Nope, generally, if I can't convert it with ffmpeg and/or VLC, then nothing else is going to work properly either hehe
  • Options
    CoolhandlukeCoolhandluke Member Posts: 118
    I convert any videos that i have to DVD format so that i can watch them anywhere that i am. I usualy use DeVeDe in linux for this seems to work well.

:)
    [CCENT]->[CCNA]->[CCNP-ROUTE]->COLOR=#0000ff]CCNP SWITCH[/COLOR->[CCNP-TSHOOT]
  • Options
    BrizoHBrizoH Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used WinFF to convert the .wmv nugget files to .mp3 - WinFF - Free Video Converter