Options

Question about the exam

flatworldflatworld Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
I passed security+ last year, and have 5 years of experience in at least two of the 10 domains. I have been reading on / off from the shon harris 4th edition book, I just bought the CISSP for dummies book, and the Official (ISC)²® Guide to the CISSP® CBK® 2nd ed.

I actually had a dream the other day about having anxiety in the testing center while taking the test....heh

So I'm wondering besides this material, what are good videos to watch. Also, are the free quizzes that is hyper linked on cccure a good resource? i believe it links to freepracticetests or something to that effect.
Next up: OSCP

Comments

• Options
    cabrillo24cabrillo24 Member Posts: 137
    flatworld wrote: »
    I passed security+ last year, and have 5 years of experience in at least two of the 10 domains. I have been reading on / off from the shon harris 4th edition book, I just bought the CISSP for dummies book, and the Official (ISC)²® Guide to the CISSP® CBK® 2nd ed.

I actually had a dream the other day about having anxiety in the testing center while taking the test....heh

So I'm wondering besides this material, what are good videos to watch. Also, are the free quizzes that is hyper linked on cccure a good resource? i believe it links to freepracticetests or something to that effect.

CISSP for Dummies is a complete waste of time, you did write by purchasing the Official CBK Edition 2, a very good resource.

The Shon Harris DVD's are excellent as well (pricey, but worth it in my opinion).

CISSPexampractice.com has a good database of questions (although not free, but not expensive).
    Next Up...
    CCNA: Security (210-260)
    Date: TBD
  • Options
    hustlin_moe20hustlin_moe20 Member Posts: 225
    flatworld wrote: »

The Dummies 3rd edition is 100% better than the prior two. I suggest reading it, the AIO 5th, and watching Shon's videos. Lots of questions from cccure.org and the StudiScope questions from ISC(2).
  • Options
    dorawedorawe Member Posts: 106
    I tried using one of the Shon Harris videos, and while I can't say it was useless, I believe that the books and cccure.org were more helpful in passing the exam.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    I'd recommend thumbing through "The Dummies" book for anyone who's not sure if the CISSP cert is the thing for their occupation or career goals. If the stuff in there looks completely alien, or not like what you want to be thinking about on a daily basis, then the CISSP cert is probably not for you.