Options

Question....

JamesfJamesf Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
15. What is the minimum cable type for 10baseT?

A. Cat 3
B. Cat 4
C. Cat 5
D. Cat 6

I think Cat 5 what do u think?
Welcome to James (f)Cares(f) you're Special...Special...no really you're Special! :D

Comments

• Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    have you managed to find the speeds of all the cat cables? cat5 is not the correct answer.
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    jpmcgintyjpmcginty Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    don't confuse minimum requirement with what is used in the real world. cat 5 is not the minumum.
  • Options
    jeanassejeanasse Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Jamesf wrote:
    15. What is the minimum cable type for 10baseT?

A. Cat 3
    B. Cat 4
    C. Cat 5
    D. Cat 6

I think Cat 5 what do u think?

i think it is the maximum , therfore i will choose cat3 as the minimum.
    JA
  • Options
    JamesfJamesf Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well the thing I post this up bc ppl were debateing on this question, on a another web page, most ppl said it was cat 3 but some also said cat 5 and cat 6 but I guess they didn't read the question right. I knew that it was all of them is 10baseT. I was getting consfuesd that's all and when ppl r debating and thinkin that there right. I think its smart to double check with other ppl b4 I go on my exam.
    Welcome to James (f)Cares(f) you're Special...Special...no really you're Special! :D
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    http://www.computerguru.net/tech/netw16.htm

max speed of cat3 is 10mbps. max speed of cat5 is 100mbps. therefore cat3 in the minimum required for 10baset.

10baset will work using cat5, and will allow for the headroom required if the network will be upgraded to 100baset. but is unnecessary if all your equipment uses 10baset nics or will not need upgraded.
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    You can find it ion our Media and Topologies TechNote as well: www.techexams.net/technotes/networkplus/mediatopo.shtml