Preplogic megaguides $3 until Friday

earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
Go here IT Certification Guides - CCNA MCSE A+ Network Security Certification Guides if you're interested. Got my usual monthly call from their rep today or I wouldn't have known about this sale.
No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.

Comments

• Cert PoorCert Poor Member Posts: 240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Are they pretty good?

Edit: Looked at the demos. They're like Cliff Notes. I'm sold.
    In progress: MTA: Database Fundamentals (98-364)
    Next up: CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002) or LPI Linux Essentials (010-160)
    Earned: CompTIA A+, Net+, Sec+, Server+, Proj+
    ITIL-F v3 2011 | ServiceNow CSA, CAD, CIS | CWNP CWTS
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    The material is generally good but just check to see what topics are covered. I've seen people mention that it is sometimes an older syllabus for certain topics which they've not updated yet.

You'll have to deal with their annoying sales calls though.
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I imagine the MegaGuides for the MCITP:EA/SA will be needed to get updated due to the R2 changes. I'm still getting them anyway.

(70-640) Server 2008 Active Directory
    (70-642) Server 2008 Network Infrastructure
    (70-643) Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure
    (70-647) Server 2008 Enterprise Administrator
    (70-680) Windows 7 Configuration
    (Strange they don't have 70-646, but whatever....)
    CIW v5 Foundations (1D0-510) (yes really, I haven't even scheduled the exam yet and for $3, why not).

That's about it. The SQL stuff I don't want to get now because I don't plan on sitting for it any time soon. $18 isn't exactly going to break the bank. icon_cool.gif
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I bought 11 of them when they were $1. (Apparently there is a limit of 3, I found this out afterwords and the system let me do it)

I read a little bit of the Security+ one, but didn't have the time to get through it. It was ok, but I wouldn't say it was amazing or anything.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    There's no limit on the $3 ones. I purchased 70-643 and 70-647.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    earweed wrote: »
    There's no limit on the $3 ones. I purchased 70-643 and 70-647.

Obviously there was no limit on the $1 ones either. :p
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    just got Security+, Windows 7, and CCNA
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • brewdbrewd Member Posts: 56 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've purchased the Security+, Network+, Server+ and CCNA MegaGuides (all during $1 sales). I used the Server+ guide exclusively for the Server+ 2009 test as there's hardly any other materials for the latest Server+, but in the other instances I would suggest not using the MegaGuide alone, but instead to supplement other study materials.
  • motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    Someone posted their $1 sale, or maybe I was emailed from them, either way, I was able to download all the MCITP, CCNA/CCNP/Security/voice, MCSE, and CEH materials. I think all of that was under $20.

First time I used anything from them and for the cost, it was worth it! I received the usual phone calls from them after the purchase, but once I declined and answered their questions, I haven't heard back. They don't seem to be a pushy bunch, so I am pleased.
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!