• Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck with your exam
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good luck with your studies!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Sounds like you've got it under control. You should really try to bottle some of your "just get it done" attitude over to someone (who shall remain nameless but has a massive Sec+ thread) and give it to him. lol
    I'm not so brave as to attempt my 70-643 retest real quick. I'm retaking it the 12th and I'm pretty sure I could do it now but want to get the "new" stuff down. Looks like MS has changed the 70-646 to R2 so we can assume the 647 is changing as well.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    That mastering book is pretty good but you'll still need to supplement it with technet. Basic stuff like the only storage discussed is in the Hyper-V chapter. The Remote desktop Services chapters are really good (written by TE member Darril Gibson). It's gonna come in more handy on my 70-647 studies as it looks like those cover R2 as well. I'm doing a review as I go through the 643 studies at http://www.techexams.net/forums/mcts-mcitp-windows-2008-general/58449-mastering-microsoft-windows-server-2008-r2-review.html without going into specifics several of my questions I had look as if they were written by people who had read this book.
  • Options
    jaykoolzboyjaykoolzboy Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    wish u the best luck, not an easy test overall, but if you spent your time on it, it should be OK.
  • Options
    krauserkrauser Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You will nail it. Good Luck.
  • Options
    Good luck for you, you will pass this for sure keep us updated.
  • Options
    xmalachi wrote: »
    Wow! Do not underestimate this test. I was 90% sure that I had failed but I pulled it off with a 700.

Congratulations,it's a great score Yea it's not an easy one I think it's the hardest I had after 70-646 were there any specific R2 questions ?
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    Right on! Congrats on the pass!
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Wow! Do not underestimate this test. I was 90% sure that I had failed but I pulled it off with a 700.

Awesome. So this makes you an MCSA correct?
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    LCALCA Member Posts: 215
    Well done, it's definitely a searching exam. Any pass mark is very good effort in 680.

icon_thumright.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://sqlsnapshots.blogspot.com/ - My SQL Server exam resources blog
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637

Congrats, and welcome to the 700 club!
  • Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    Would you recommend watching videos after you finish the chapters, like if you finish the installing part, you watch the install videos or cbt @ the end?
    I'm new to MS so I dont know if I should treat this the same as comptia.
    Usually with comptia I would read and go all over the material then watch the vids If I had any.
    meh
  • Options
    The big difference between CompTIA and MS is that not only should you read and watch videos (if you have them) but you need to get some hands on experience with what you are studying. Even just doing the exercises in the MS Press book on a home lab setup will help. Without hands on time the MS test will probably kick you to the curb.