Training that accepts Montgomery GI Bill?

Mike_30Mike_30 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Nice forum. Just found it. Did a quick search on a few key terms and didnt see much on this subject.

Do any of you know of training companies that accept the montgomery GI Bill for payment?

I have only found one local school that does but so far I am not liking the training or facility. I feel I could do the same at home with CBT nuggets and books. All the other schools I have called said they do not accept it and many of the courses are thousands of dollars.

I am located in Los Angeles but also willing to travel out of state if there is some good training that is VA approved.

Thanks

Comments

• colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    CED Solutions out of Atlanta is VA-approved, I have used them twice, and was happy both times...excepting the fact that they changed they way they compute it, and while they got the same amount of $, it changed the amount reimbursed by the VA (they broke out all of the fees, which tends to exclude them, as opposed to lumping the entire package cost under tuition). For example, they line-itemed the cost of meals, which is included in the price - but is not reimbursable by the VA. If it was factored into the tuition cost (which it IS, as far as I am concerned, since it's not a a separate charge/fee on its own) it would be covered.

Still, they do a good job and are super nice to deal with.

cedsolutions.com
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Mike_30Mike_30 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks I will check them out. So what was the total out of pocket you had to pay after the VA broke down the fees? What course did you take?
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    You pay 100% of the cost up front, and VA reimburses 60% of the course tuition. I did MCSE a few years ago and a CISSP review class this past December.

Since they break down the tuition, it probably equates to having to pay 55-57% out of pocket. Didn't figure it down to the penny.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • gminksgminks Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Mike,
    I work for EMC. Although our training isn't covered under the GI bill, the fees to take the Proven Professional certification exams are. There are more details here. Our Associate certification is the EMC Information Storage Associate (EMCISA) - or E20-001. If you are interested in learning more about the #1 certification in the information and storage management industry, let me know or come visit us in the EMC Proven Professional Community.