70-642 Exam on Sept 27 2010

Just over two days to go before I do battle with this one. I've been studying like mad for 3 months non stop apart from forced 9 day break a couple of weeks back due to a massive and very damaging earthquake here in Christchurch New Zealand on the 4th of September.

I've actually ended studying most of 640 at the same time which has been very beneficial in that it's added a lot of depth to my new found knowledge. If things go according to plan I hope to do 640 at the end of October.

icon_study.gif
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://sqlsnapshots.blogspot.com/ - My SQL Server exam resources blog

Comments

• za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It seems there are many exams next monday, three so far :) good luck with yours and I think studying both exams at the same time is a good idea.
  • LCALCA Member Posts: 215
    Knocked it off with a score of 950.

Yippee!!

Three months of hard study and many hours of labbing like a maniac paid off. Now onto 640 which I've studied 75% of already.

icon_cheers.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations, I havn't did 646 because it was rescheduled for me (technical issues at the test center)

I'm pretty sure you will do great with 640 as well, good luck
  • Jander1023Jander1023 Member Posts: 160
    How many questions did you get? Were there any R2 related questions? I am hoping to take the 642 in about 3 weeks, so I am looking for as much info as possible, without violating the conf agreement.
    Jander1023 wrote: »
    How many questions did you get? Were there any R2 related questions? I am hoping to take the 642 in about 3 weeks, so I am looking for as much info as possible, without violating the conf agreement.

I hope it won't break the NDA to say there were 40 Questions with none about R2. Though of course that doesn't mean MS won't change things soon. A decent number of the questions covered IP addressing and services, name resolution, and Network Access (as per the percentages in the skills measured information published online by MS).

It was a harder exam to study intially than the first MS one I did (70-680). I did find the exam questions a bit easier than the wide ranging Windows 7 exam.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LCA wrote: »
    I hope it won't break the NDA to say there were 40 Questions with none about R2. Though of course that doesn't mean MS won't change things soon. A decent number of the questions covered IP addressing and services, name resolution, and Network Access (as per the percentages in the skills measured information published online by MS).

It was a harder exam to study intially than the first MS one I did (70-680). I did find the exam questions a bit easier than the wide ranging Windows 7 exam.

Appreciate the info. I already did the 640, along with the 680 and 685. I feel pretty confident about the 642 already but I still need to finish the last 4 chapters this week. Then I am going to spend two weeks on R2 updates and practice questions. Hopefully I'll be able to sit this exam on 10/15.

Are you going to do the 646 after the 640? Or are you going the EA route?
    Jander1023 wrote: »
    Appreciate the info. I already did the 640, along with the 680 and 685. I feel pretty confident about the 642 already but I still need to finish the last 4 chapters this week. Then I am going to spend two weeks on R2 updates and practice questions. Hopefully I'll be able to sit this exam on 10/15.

Are you going to do the 646 after the 640? Or are you going the EA route?

I'm going down the EA track...... icon_study.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LCA wrote: »
    I'm going down the EA track...... icon_study.gif

Cool! I plan on getting the EA also, but would like to get the SA on the resume sooner than later. Plus, I want to get the 70-686 as soon as the MS Press book comes out in either October or November. So, I'll probably do it after the 646. I might also do 70-662, Exchange 2010 at some point. Waiting on that book also.